'67 Avanti - New Sneakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '67 Avanti - New Sneakers

The 15 year old tires needed to be replaced, and the car was begging for something a little sportier than 1963 wheel covers.. I spent way too much time trying to pick the right wheel, and finally settled on a set of 15x6 aluminum 5 spokes from Rocket Racing Wheels with 215/75 tires. I wanted something that had the right late '60's "feel" without breaking my wallet. I think it's an improvement.

Had a pleasant surprise when I pulled the front wheels off; Turner disc conversion, braided stainless flex lines, and Delrin control arm bushings.. Just what I would've done.

Nice choice Matt, lookin' good! Enjoy the ride!
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Really sets the look. Looking sharp!
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I want to say "you dog", but really want to say very nice, congrats. When you get tired of it maybe I'll have the funds to procure it from you. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
          The 15 year old tires needed to be replaced, and the car was begging for something a little sportier than 1963 wheel covers.. I spent way too much time trying to pick the right wheel, and finally settled on a set of 15x6 aluminum 5 spokes from Rocket Racing Wheels with 215/75 tires. I wanted something that had the right late '60's "feel" without breaking my wallet. I think it's an improvement.

Had a pleasant surprise when I pulled the front wheels off; Turner disc conversion, braided stainless flex lines, and Delrin control arm bushings.. Just what I would've done.

Perfect choice on the wheels Matt.
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Great score Matthew!! Looks super and fits the "era". Did you not have Rockets on your '56?
            Bill

Comment

Very COOL!
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by Colgate Studebaker View Post
                I want to say "you dog", but really want to say very nice, congrats. When you get tired of it maybe I'll have the funds to procure it from you. Bill
                Knowing I can’t buy another one this nice for the same price, I don’t have any plans of parting with it anytime soon. But you’re welcome to drive it the next time we run into each other.

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                Great score Matthew!! Looks super and fits the "era". Did you not have Rockets on your '56?
                Bill
                I had their version of kidney beans on a 57 wagon. I thought about going with the same wheels on this car, but the 5 spokes won out.

Comment

Looks really good Matt. Still amazes me that a famous Studebaker guy like yourself can modify a Studebaker and be lauded with complements but when a nobody like me does it we get slapped around by the purists.
                  61 lark cruiser
                  64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
                    Looks really good Matt. Still amazes me that a famous Studebaker guy like yourself can modify a Studebaker and be lauded with complements but when a nobody like me does it we get slapped around by the purists.
                    Actually the car was premodded by Newman and Altman so I'd guess that's part of it. He's also taken some abuse in the past. But just a word of advice from and old guy that's modded more than you have, %^&$#@ 'em with strong letter to follow! I like what I did and I'm proud of it.

Life's to short to worry about what I can't control so Avanti.

BTW Matt, good choice.

Bob

Comment

....guy like yourself can modify a Studebaker and be lauded with complements....
                      Well.. It's not a Studebaker.
                      Last edited by mbstude; 04-28-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

The car came with a Holley carb. It needed some help and was/is beyond my abilities. I swapped it out for a new 650 Edelbrock. Seems to be a little happier now.

Comment

You're obviously not cute and cuddly

Comment

Nicely done, wheels really complement the cars exterior. Agonizing over wheel choices can be a daunting task. Ranks 3rd if there’s exterior paint color or interior to pick.
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X