1964 Avanti stolen from Tacoma WA, April 18, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Avanti stolen from Tacoma WA, April 18, 2018

I don't know the owner. I just saw this tonight on Craigslist. The news story is legitimate.

A 1964 Avanti was stolen from the yard of a home in Tacoma Washington on the morning of April 18, 2018. If you feel you've seen the car or some of its parts, please call the Tacoma-Pierce County WA Crime Stoppers tip line at 1-800-222-TIPS. Other than identifying it as a 1964 model, no identification numbers were provided.

Mark L

I don't know why he is so worried about getting it back, it has set as yard art for over 10 years, probably not insured. Gary Johnson and other collectors have offered hard cash to the owner for this car as it continued to sink into the front lawn. Maybe he can turn the theft in to his home owners insurance as stolen yard art. I have inspected it up close and it has several rare options tilt wheel and Am/Fm. Lou

Comment

So, bare minimum we have a suspect list.
      Lol.
      Trying to make light of it. Anything being stolen is a p.o.

Dean.

Comment

Apparently the two helpers in the white and blue Bronco have been arrested, but as for the rest of the car, and tow vehicle are UFO. Lou

Comment

My guess, crackheads/methheads who thought they'd pick up an abandoned car and take it to a recycling facility for quick cash.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            My guess, crackheads/methheads who thought they'd pick up an abandoned car and take it to a recycling facility for quick cash.
            Yeah, Good Luck with that one!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Last February on a GMC forum there appeared a story about a man who bought a 1936 GMC 40 years ago with the idea of restoring it. After setting in a field for those 40 years he became ready to restore it, and went to get it, but found it gone. Neighbors thought it had been around 8 months since anyone recalled seeing it. The story went public on the forum's Facebook page. The man who bought it learned it had been stolen, turned it in, and was storing it indoors until the owner could come get it. That news was early March, and there is no update after that.

I hope it works as well for the owner of the Avanti.

My 2R5 sat on blocks for 25 years because I could not do anything for it, although not uncovered or outside, but for the last 6 years I have been able to slowly chunk it back to usability. I have sympathy for long term project stalls.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Yeah, Good Luck with that one!
                My initial thought also. Bob

Comment

The thought of the AFB and the blower being 'mixed Aluminum' gets em 38 cents per pound kills me! Luckily we have pretty stout laws about car parts here. You must show ID and paperwork to scrap almost anything car related. My guess is, that car won't get far.

Comment

Avanti Found!

Time to put it back on the front lawn...

Comment

Avanti has been recovered. Time to put it back on the front lawn?
                      Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                      So, bare minimum we have a suspect list.
                      Lol.
                      Trying to make light of it. Anything being stolen is a p.o.

Dean.

Comment

Maybe they would trade for a birdbath.
                        Originally posted by Albee Basile View Post
                        Avanti has been recovered. Time to put it back on the front lawn?
                        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                        1950 Champion Convertible
                        1950 Champion 4Dr
                        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Video found Avanti - Crooks must be real half-wits - they actually detailed it!

Articles and videos about Tacoma man's stolen 1964 Studebaker Avanti found in Bremerton on FOX13 News | Seattle & Western Washington | Formerly Q13 News.
                          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                          Kenmore, Washington
                          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                          '69 Pontiac Firebird
                          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

That's somewhat of a nice advertising piece ...
                            64 GT Hawk (K7)
                            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
                            X