Hello Steve Winzar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Steve Winzar

Hi Steve, hope you see this. I have another Flight-O-Matic question for you. I PM’ed it so look in your message box.
    Thank you again,
    Bill
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Hi again Steve, hope you get a chance to check in.
    Solved my Flight-O-Matic issue. Not only did I lose the detent ball (it shot off into hyperspace) but...when I got around to reinstalling the gear selector shaft, I installed it 180 out!
    Thanks again for your Flight-O-Matic overhaul site, extremely helpful!

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Hi Bill-
      I actually stumbled upon this quite by accident as i am lousy at keeping an eye on PM's! Sorry, but at least I got onto your message within a day or so this time . Did my method of detent ball re installation using the holey end of a steel rule work for you? I am so flat-out I can't get onto doing anything about adding onto that Blog, but I acknowledge that it really needs doing. As The Seekers used to sing "some day, one day...". Once again, I thank you for your compliment. I shall check my Messages.
      Regards, Steve

Comment

I used the flared end of a piece of 5/16 tubing to hold the ball in during assembly.

Comment

When I initially assembled my transmission, I did use the steel rule method you described.
          On my second assembly, I couldn’t locate my steel rule. (Grandkids are the usual suspects)
          I resorted to the 5/16 tubing method.
          So nice to have all gears back where they belong!

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Bill- A question for you.
            When you re assembled your Flightomatic, in your kit of parts, did you receive a square section O-ring for the Front Clutch Piston or a round one?
            The Kit I got had lotsa spare ones to suit all the different derivations of 'Type 8' transmissions but they were all round in section and I wasn't that happy with using them. Square O_rings are termed 'X' rings and when I enquire about them here in Oz I get shrugs. If I rebuild another I'd like to opt for a better ring.
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X