Illuminated studebaker signs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illuminated studebaker signs.

I've seen some of the neon signs made for Studebaker Dealers either in the flesh or via the illustrated booklets sent to Dealers. I had always wanted one & so had mine made here in Melbourne some years ago for my " man cave ".
    I figure some Forum followers have one or more in their memorabilia displays.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03615.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1757724

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
    I've seen some of the neon signs made for Studebaker Dealers either in the flesh or via the illustrated booklets sent to Dealers. I had always wanted one & so had mine made here in Melbourne some years ago for my " man cave ".
    I figure some Forum followers have one or more in their memorabilia displays.[ATTACH=CONFIG]71880[/ATTACH]
    I got these at a dealer I bought out back in the '70s. I think they are probably from 1950. The blurred one originally had a circle too, but it was broken so I tossed out the broken part. I also got this lighted parts book rack at the same place then damaged the glass later on. On the same pickup I passed on a large two-sided outdoor Studebaker neon in good shape for $50. Dumb, but I had no way of getting it off the building and I had already filled my 14-foot trailer.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

My wife and I purchased the “Studebaker Cars” neon sign from Mr. Mathis from his Atlantic City Studebaker dealership back in the 1970’s. We donated it to the Studebaker Museum a few years ago.
      Mr. Mathis also had a neat “Lark Power Steering” neon sign that I passed on, I still kick myself for not buying it!Click image for larger version

Name:	60A63F5A-55AE-4EA7-8232-17A6BD69786A.jpg
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1720366
      For this past Christmas my wife let me take a chance on this Packard neon sign.Click image for larger version

Name:	F74E25BE-C81B-4D1F-A343-45FA939F8AD4.jpg
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1720367
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I have owned several Studebaker signs, but none were neon. The biggest was a back lit, two sided, "LARK" sign (about six feet long) that I bought/removed from the roof of the Studebaker dealer in Beacon, NY. They had to take down their Studebaker signs when they dualed with Dodge. I sold that sign, delivered to Reedsville, to Mr. C. Studebaker, for $40. I believe that it was included in the auction of his stuff, probably for a lot more money. It most likely is out there somewhere. If someone here bought it, now you know where it came from.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X