• Show
Clear All

• Question for the vin detectives.

63V-8086
    Anything special?
    Edit.
    My error.
    This is the number on the plate on the drivers door post,not the body tag
    Last edited by bob40; 04-19-2018, 03:23 PM.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

You mean like the 8086th, V8, made in 1963?

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
      You mean like the 8086th, V8, made in 1963?
      Isn't it the 7,086th? I think serial numbers started at 63V-1001. Body numbers (on the cowl) started at 1 for each model.
      Bill Jarvis

Comment

R2 4 speed Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstude View Post
          Isn't it the 7,086th? I think serial numbers started at 63V-1001. Body numbers (on the cowl) started at 1 for each model.
          Right-O on the Serial Numbering sequence...but beginning in 1959, the first Body Number was 101, not 1 as in previous years. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

63V-8086 had the following:

'63 GT Hawk, Velvet Black/BKV interior, 4-speed, tinted glass all around, R2 engine, power steering, disc brakes, undercoating, Twin Traction, white walls, electric washers, front bumper guards, AM PB radio. Built on 10-15-62, shipped to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, engine No. JTS-1098. No special notations on PO. NOTE: It was built without a Climatizer.

Edit: Body No. 1143. The car built just before it, 63V-8085, also a GT Hawk, had body No. 1141; thus they had built just over 1,000 GT Hawks by October 15th.

Hope this helps,

George

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
            63V-8086
            Anything special?
            Edit.
            My error.
            This is the number on the plate on the drivers door post,not the body tag
            george krem

Comment

My 63 GT is 63V-5738, built 13 days earlier. Roughly 2350 cars assembled in that time.
              Jim K.
              63 Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by JimK View Post
                My 63 GT is 63V-5738, built 13 days earlier. Roughly 2350 cars assembled in that time.
                I get 2347 V8 Cars built in 12 1/2-13 days during the 1963 Model Post New Car announcement, Wheeling and Dealing times!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by R3 challenger View Post
                  63V-8086 had the following:

'63 GT Hawk, Velvet Black/BKV interior, 4-speed, tinted glass all around, R2 engine, power steering, disc brakes, undercoating, Twin Traction, white walls, electric washers, front bumper guards, AM PB radio. Built on 10-15-62, shipped to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, engine No. JTS-1098. No special notations on PO. NOTE: It was built without a Climatizer.

Edit: Body No. 1143. The car built just before it, 63V-8085, also a GT Hawk, had body No. 1141; thus they had built just over 1,000 GT Hawks by October 15th.

Hope this helps,

George
                  It confirms that the car is legitimate. JTS 1098 is still in it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

nice...black GT with R2 - 4spd. combo = yummy! This car deserves to be back on the road! cheers, junior
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

looks like it would be a worth while project for some one that can do the work and has the time. That way restoration cost for parts will be close to what its worth. Don't try to take it to a full off shop like fantomworks or the like unless you have deep pockets and just don't care.

Comment

That brings up the dilemma or decision to make.
                        The trunk lid has a big dent and paint bubbles on corners...like bondo lifting.
                        The hood has one rear corner bent up severely.
                        The fight front fender is missing from the top of the fender forward.It was cut off.
                        The floor was a CASO fix of thin sheetmetal hammered over what was left of the original,with a layer of roofing tar in between as a adhesive.
                        The rocker panels were formed from bondo.
                        Did not poke the rear fenders but have a hunch what they are like.
                        After all that is said it's still a R2 4-speed car.Not many around.
                        Then there is the drivetrain. I have not checked but I believe I've heard it's $800-1000 to rebuild the Paxton.
                        Can't trust the engine to be good so a tear down needs to be done.I would rebuild it...$3-4000 maybe less...maybe more.
                        Start adding up the numbers and this car could get quite spendy and there is suspension,interior,misc. that adds up fast.
                        Did I mention there is NO title?
                        I am not even disclosing the purchase price.
                        Is this car a donor/parts car or a rebuilder?
                        I have thought of buying it and then looking for a pristine '63 body.Could be a option.
                        Last picture with a question.
                        I was told the car was a Super Hawk or full package car but Mr. Krems breakdown tells me it is not.
                        What is this bracket underneath at the last mount? It looks like it could be part of a radius rod set up but I am not sure.Maybe it's nothing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Package car, or not, its still a keeper!!

Craig

Comment

Bob i've got two decent rear fenders, Two good rust free door shells, a 63 hood and side grilles, Front grille is not very good. decent trunk lid off a 58 but same as 63, Nice rust free frame, and a 62 body shell that was a 4 sp car that's decent but needs rockers and the bottom of the inner 1/4 below the side window opening. Has title but is a 62 also have a 63 title and tags, 4 sp car but not a r-2 or I would be building it. Car is complete but Mn rust. Best to get a loss title on your car if numbers are all there and bond it. One front fender that is save-able, two if I decide not to use the rt one on my 64. And no I don't need another project as much as I would like a r-2 4 sp.

Comment

It's an R2 Hawk, it should be saved. If anything find a nice solid 62 or 63 Hawk to use as a donor. I have a 62 that I'm probably going to steal the front fenders off of for my 55 that I would part with. It's a pretty solid car, but it would need floors.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X