Harold Churchill's Wagonaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold Churchill's Wagonaire

Just reading the book "Champion of the Lark" ,a book about Harold Churchill and his tenure as President of Studebaker-Packard. Apparently,the Churchill family donated Harold Churchill's Wagonaire to the Studebaker National Museum after his death in 1980,and it was subsequently sold by the museum. Does anyone know of it's whereabouts today?

Originally posted by Avanti Fanatic View Post
    Just reading the book "Champion of the Lark" ,a book about Harold Churchill and his tenure as President of Studebaker-Packard. Apparently,the Churchill family donated Harold Churchill's Wagonaire to the Studebaker National Museum after his death in 1980,and it was subsequently sold by the museum. Does anyone know of it's whereabouts today?
    I don't know where the car is today, but I do remember hearing that it was structurally rusty, and that he hadn't bought it new, but had bought it as a hobby car some time later. I can remember it from the old museum; it was a Bermuda Brown '65 Daytona Wagonaire. One thing I particularly liked about '65's is that Daytonas had the same interior as the '64 Cruiser--the Daytona interior was bumped-up a notch from '64--and I remember Churchill's car having that very nice Cruiser-style vinyl interior in brown, IIRC.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Thanks,Bill...curiosity got the best of me..

Comment

More here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...seum-Wagonaire

Craig

Comment

Working...
        X