Studebaker factory photos #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker factory photos #2

Here's the balance of what I have. Pretty amazing to see the amount of hand work involved in the early bodies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Stude factory pics  (6).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1757690Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Stude factory pics  (3).jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1757691Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Stude factory pics  (7).jpg
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1757692Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Stude factory pics  (14).jpg
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1757693Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Stude factory pics  (15).jpg
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1757694Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Stude factory pics  (16).jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1757695

Great photos! It makes you realize just how much things have changed in the last seventy or eighty years. Men certainly worked harder in most cases.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Do you know what YEAR these pieces are for, the Pics do not enlarge enough to see the Detail, only get smaller with (+) so I can't tell.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Do you know what YEAR these pieces are for, the Pics do not enlarge enough to see the Detail, only get smaller with (+) so I can't tell.
        Not exactly. Wickenden graduated college in 1910, then received his Masters and went to Studebaker soon after, leaving in 1922. That's how I came up with the 1918 date. Sending the full size to Richard Quinn, hopefully he'll be able to give a more exact timeline. I had to resize them smaller to upload on here, 14M pixels on the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
          Great photos! It makes you realize just how much things have changed in the last seventy or eighty years. Men certainly worked harder in most cases.
          Harder and longer. When my father worked in a factory in 1917,he worked 12 hours per day, six days per week.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Here are some more photos taken at the factory: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...om-the-Factory

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X