View Full Version : GT Hawk rocker panel needed.....

Lou Van Anne
04-16-2018, 11:19 AM
Body shop called, they recommend replacing the passenger side rocker panel on my '64 GT Hawk....who has them?

04-16-2018, 11:29 AM
Classic Enterprises


04-16-2018, 12:18 PM
SI has them, but not on the page listed in the index in their catalog (two pages earlier - p.113 IIRC). Other major Studebaker vendors probably also have them.

04-16-2018, 01:06 PM
I would go with SI or classic enterprises. I bought some cheap ones from ebay and they where built with a brake and don't have the right crown to them. They are just flat. Lucky thing is they are covered by the rocker mdlg and no one will know.

04-16-2018, 08:51 PM
I had a pair of NOS and sold them to a guy who is restoring a 1964 Hawk. The guy who was restoring it for another guy died.

04-18-2018, 03:47 AM
There is also an inner rocker, be sure that is good before you order. We used classic enterprises and are more than satisfied with the quality.

63 R2 Hawk
04-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Classic Enterprises for a perfect fit. When you install them, make sure the car is resting on its wheels or supported on "A" frames and rear axle, poor alignment due to body flex can result if you're supporting the car on a typical 2 post frame pad hoist.

04-18-2018, 10:35 AM
I have an entire 64 GT body that you can have for free, come pick it up or come remove what you want. Visalia, Ca.

Lou Van Anne
04-18-2018, 01:39 PM
I've got one coming from Steven Allen.....thanks everybody for your input.

04-18-2018, 03:55 PM
Does Steve Allen also have the Inner rockers. When I did my Hawk in the early 2000's everything came from Classic. I was surprised to see "Inner Rockers" and part of the assembly. These were proprietary to each side and were shorter than the outer panel, but gave the outer some additional support. When all was done, the underside lip had three pieces spotted together.