Another Scottish Touch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Scottish Touch...

I managed to find a neat project out there in the depths of cyberspace for anyone out there that's interested. It is a 1957 Scotsman 2 door sedan (mislabeled as a Commander). Its a very interesting project as only 30,000 of these penny-pinchin' wonders were ever crafted in the grand old South Bend complex. Get to it, laddies!

https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1957-studebaker-commander/6550845432.html
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 04-14-2018, 09:38 AM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Jake, the little icon the first from the Left of the row of Icons with the two interlocking Links over a Earth Globe is where you post the links to make them clickable live Links, I noticed your Last 2 Posts had no clickable Link. Doh!

Luckily I do know how to paste your link into the Active window.

You're young enough to be more computer literate than Old me, shame on you!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-13-2018, 08:03 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It looks like a clickable link, but I was also surprised that it wasn't.
      I'm the original computer dummy, but I always just copy and paste the address bar, and get a clickable link.
      I didn't know anything about using an icon for links.

Comment

This car could be an interesting project, but $3500 seems steep.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

That's a lot of patina there.......but as Joe points out, a whole lotta dollars for that patina.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Not only is the car not a Commander--- it's not a '57.

Yes- I see the '57 hood, and the '57 grille.
            I am also aware that folks think all '58s have ventless front fenders.
            But I know otherwise.

The roofline gives it away...

BTW-- here's a link that works~

https://greenville.craigslist.org/ct...550845432.html

Last edited by StudeDave57; 04-14-2018, 08:08 AM.
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Not only is that Scotsman available, it looks like the seller has veritable "field of dreams" to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Jake, the little icon the first from the Left of the row of Icons with the two interlocking Links over a Earth Globe is where you post the links to make them clickable live Links, I noticed your Last 2 Posts had no clickable Link. Doh!

Luckily I do know how to paste your link into the Active window.

You're young enough to be more computer literate than Old me, shame on you!
                I FIXED IT! Don't worry, I have not lost all of my marbles quite yet!
                Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Working...
                X