Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Bitchen Time

Gentlemen and Ladies ;

I received what I think is the April addition of TW . It used to come in a nice clean white envelope with a address label I could read without my glasses and I was getting it in the 3RD or last week of the month . Then they changed the format as well as it was now wrapped in a plastic protection ( Bag ) . January was delivered at the usual time but in collector shape . February came a wee bit sooner and also in collector condition . March came a bit earlier and in great shape . And then came April edition , No protection from weather or spit on finger idiots and the binding is broken , corners of both covers bent and creased and ripped . Pages are bend and creased as well have finger prints on them where some idiot spit on his or her fingers to turn the pages . let alone not nice to see but to me unsanitary . I read before about the address label problems but this is pure stupidity , it is a good thing we have had the same mailman for the past 10 years because he recognized part of the cover , The label was blurred at the beginning but address was mostly readable if you had a magnifying glass . This is the improvement we all have been asking for in the last few years ??? Does the company deserve the business of our club if they want to cut corners to save themselves money at the expense of a large customer ?? I say if they don't smarten up we find someone that will meet our standards of expectation . Who else got their April TW in similar condition and without any protection ?? I apologize for my rant but enough is enough.I have emailed Mark for a replacement .

Terry

Mine arrived here in Saskatchewan in very nice shape- no complaints. Just request another one.
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Ours arrived in fine shape. It sounds like yours was damaged in the mail and then someone decided to look at it.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Terry I too got April’s TWs without a plastic cover , mine isn’t in the shape you described but I could tell it has been well looked at , but at least I got it , this is not good for sure .
        my label is on the front cover of the magazine so it probably never was in a plastic bag to start with .
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Terry, you have my personal email address and I've told you on multiple occasions that you can either call me or email concerning TW issues. I do not appreciate your rant here. Because of decent conversations with other Canadian members concerning delivery of Turning Wheels in Canada I discovered that we had a miscommunication with the firm that handles our foreign distributions. Sheridan does not support that part of the shipping process so we must use an outside firm.

With that said lets address your issues one at a time:

The first issue sent with the new outside vendor was April's issue and yes it was not protected in a POLY BAG as has been the standard in the past. I take full responsibility for that one and IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED AND CORRECTED WITH OUR VENDOR. Now in the future that is not going to be an issue. However, that does not mean that on occasion that the CPS might have an equipment problem that will snag a bag and tear a magazine. That problem I cannot solve.

As you are well aware, we have a replacement policy administered by Cornerstone Registration. A nice polite call or email to them will get you a replacement copy in good condition. Now that will resolve your torn/crumpled problem.ve

The address issue has already been addressed and print size has been increased and in all probability it will be increased again. That may not occur with the May issue bt be assured it has been addressed as I already have stated.

I take Tuning Wheels issues of this type seriously and it has been our goal to improve delivery time where we have that control but beyond that point when placed in the CPS we have absolutely no control from that point to your front door.

By the way, if you think I don't care look at your post time (1008 hrs) and my response time (1139 hrs) as I type this.

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, I believe that it could have been handled differently.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Avantidon :
            Does your email start with key if so will email you and clarify my thoughts .

Terry

Comment

I thought 'international mail' is supposed to be sealed on all four sides before being delivered to Canada. If this is becoming the case where it is acceptable for publications to be sent unwrapped, I strongly oppose this policy. Canada Post is brutal on multipage articles including magazines and catalogs, etc. I have had several items that weren't wrapped delivered with torn pages, either from contact with the edges of a conveyor belt, or just plain carelessness on a postal employee's part.

Craig

Comment

Craig :
                I am of the same opinion you are . I was told many many years ago that all and I mean all foreign mail like Turning Wheels or any other packaging was to be sealed as you mentioned . I don't understand why the protective plastic cover was not on our magazines this time . I sincerely hope they correct this error so we get back on track like the March issue was. I strongly believe that if it was sent the same way as March issue I wouldn't have had any problems and I wouldn't be on this posting . The part that upsets me the most is the prevention of spreading germs wasn't there . I feel my copy would have been undamaged and no germs spread through out the whole magazine. I am of the age now that my resistance to foreign germs isn't as strong as it once was . I have one grand child and I wouldn't mind having a few more .I do not need this at my age so let's get back to the way March issue was handled . I have wrapped it up and have put liquid disinfectant in the bag for now . Let's hope Don can keep up his quest for major improvement as he has started to and not to give up he is as far as I can tell putting a grand effort into it and get our TW wrapped in plastic again . One foot note when I am mailing anything to the US it has to be sealed completely .

Terry

Comment

Terry it does' Looking for it. Don

Comment

Craig and Terry,

Go back and reread my post #5 above. It clearly tells you what the situation is and that it has been straightened out. Before I say more, CPS DOES NOT REQUIRE POLY BAGS/ENVELOPES for media mail. So if the SDC so chose to do so we can mail without a POLY BAG. However, we CHOSE not to do that. Because of a miscommunication, April's issue was sent without a Poly Bag causing a major uproar. I said above and will say it again, I take full responsibility for that mistake. It has been corrected and May's issue will be sent in a POLY Bag as was January, February and March and all will be fine. The magazine will be sealed and carrier pages placed on the front and back side of the bag covering it up. I thank you both for your concern but it has been taken care of.

Comment

Terry, you need to calm down and just ask for another copy. Lose the drama.

Comment

In nearly four years, we have only had one copy come up missing, which was promptly replaced. All other issues have come in good condition, usually in the first week of the month. Thanks, keep up the good work.
                        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I don't need to calm down as I have already contacted Mark for a replacement .The main reason I was so upset was when I opened the second page there was a dried piece of boogie on the page , I don't think this would be a welcome sight for anyone . Don has done what I and many others have thought about and he says May will be plastic wrapped again and as I said before I think that will prevent anything Like this from happening again .Missing issues is another story all together . I am satisfied with the answer Don has given for now .
                          Terry

Comment

My TW April copy arrived in Ontario Canada with no plastic cover. I'm ok with that as it reduces waste and plastic that ends up in the dump or in the waterways.
                            No rant, just my opinion. No it's not as pristine as a well wrapped one, but it's like my Hawk, a bit rough, but still lovable!

Comment

I would report that to the Postal Inspector. Apparently someone decided to do some reading. On your dime.

Comment

Working...
                              X