New member needing information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member needing information

I have acquired a "50 something" 2R5-12 Serial # R5 94368 The engine is a v-8. The rear lug nuts resemble a 3/4 ton. I am not sure if these items were original equipment. What is the approximate value of this truck?Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker side view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1757622Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker engine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1757623Needing input from Studebaker enthusiast.

Your truck is a 1952 model 2R5 that originally came with a 170 cu in Champion 6 engine. It was Studebaker's biggest seller. The V8 was not available in half-ton pickups until 1955. Yes, that rear axle appears to be from a heavier truck and would not have been available in the model 2R5. The correct Dana 44 axles are not that hard to find. Value depends on the amount of rust and how good/bad the mechanicals are.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Where in Ms? Lamar

Comment

The value of it is exactly what you paid for it.

Looks like a decent truck depending on what you want it for.

BTW: That is a Stude engine in it now.

Guess it doesn't run, eh?
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

To go back to the original question, 2R pickups with non-running engines and lots of rust often go for about $500 for the usable parts, like glass, transmission, rear axle, brake drums, etc. Fully and authentically restored Stude pickups, especially later-models with V8s, have gone for as much as 25 - 30K -- but it's easy to spend more than that on restoration if you don't do most of the work yourself. The big weakness is rust -- in the floors, door bottoms, front fenders, etc. All mechanical parts to restore these trucks are available, but can cost a lot if everything needs to be done. Would need to have more info before anyone can answer the value question.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Meridian. The truck is very sound. I acquired the truck thru an inheritance.

Comment

The engine will turn over, I have an issue with the carb. right now. Thanks for the information. The truck is for sale as is. The interior is excellent.

Comment

The engine does crank but will not start, I am having issues with the carb. Interior is in great shape. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Pm me a price. Lamar

Comment

An engine that won't start could mean almost anything. Get it to run and interest will climb...

Comment

Working...
                    X