1952 Studebaker V8 Stick 2 door Hardtop $1800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 Studebaker V8 Stick 2 door Hardtop $1800

This looks pretty reasonable for such a rare car.

Another example of the first two tone car produced by Studebaker in years ordered in a solid color! I have a Commander Hardtop with the 3 speed OD, radio, back up lights, solex glass and two tone delete Rio Green!

Comment

That looks like a good start for someone looking to go from the ground up. The most important element would be the condition of the hardtop specific trim. Those pieces are hard to find in usable condition. Of course, all 52 chrome is poor in original condition.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I have a Minnesota car in my garage, a 53 coupe, granted it didn't look nearly as nice but....I have spent more with Classic Enterprises for sheet metal parts than the car cost and I paid more than $1800 for the car. I am not lose to done but I think I am done helping Classic's bottom line
        I guess all I am saying is if it's the car you want (and it is an attractive model) be assured that the build cost will escalate. I noticed no pictures of the floor/trunk floor.

Comment

I "think" that front plate on there is "N DAKOTA" and "65", maybe "66". If this car came from the central or western part of ND, the amount of salt rust is likely to be minimal. But, off the road and if its been setting outside that long, still likely to have some problems for sure. Things are drier even here in the Fargo area compared to most parts of MN but considerably more dry once past Jamestown, etc.

Jeff in ND

Comment

All I can say is that I am glad the car is available a long way away from me! I love the hardtop '52's!
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I'm with you Joe. At that price, if it was close by, it would come to live in Roanoke Rapids.
              Wayne
              "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

I have a 52 commander hardtop show car for sale, the one here posted looks like a nice project but to get it to show quality could cost some one about 30K and that is if every thing is there , I would not be selling mine if I didn't have many Studebaker's and many years on my bones so all are going away except my 90 4 door Avanti. My car is for sale for $20,000 get in it and drive and show, the car has been restored in the past but is still a low mileage (31 K miles) on a original rust free California car I am the 3rd owner car is a commander so it is a V-8 and engine has been worked on in the past many years ago by the 2nd owner new crank , pistons ect the car has 3 speed with over drive and both work perfect, door open and close like a new car, interior was also redone in original material , one would need to spend better than 25K on a nice starting car to even come close to this one in the end. I have turned down $18,500 from a person in Australia but if this car is not worth $20.000 then it is not worth selling. I can and will send pictures by e-mail only if any one is interested, also could bring east to South Bend in May for a fee less than a hauler and this one would be there on time. Bob...........candbstudebakers@sbcglobal.net
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Working...
                X