"Driving Indiana Studebaker", A Love Story On Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Driving Indiana Studebaker", A Love Story On Youtube

If anyone wants to watch an excellent Studebaker love story, go to youtbe and see, Driving Indiana Studebaker. It is a 4 1/2 minute clip that many of us can identify with, at least I can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZJlFrToxLM
    Last edited by JoeHall; 04-03-2018, 07:46 PM.

Very nice but darnit... I went on to look at more Stude videos and it's getting way past my bedtime.

Thanks for the post!

Comment

That was great!! Really well done. Thanks for posting!
      -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
      1960 Metropolitan Convertible
      1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
      1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

Very nice; well-done. Thanks to all who produced it. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

HAVE TO share it in the Scandinavian Studebaker group on "surfacebook"!

Comment

Great video for sure .. I like seeing young people interested and driving the old cars .. A lot of my car buddies say I'm crazy to let my kids drive the Studebakers as they will hardly let their kids even sit in their cars .. Even at car shows if my Hawk is there and a young person is really interested I tell them get in behind the wheel and look down long hood ..
            Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by Jett289 View Post
              Great video for sure .. I like seeing young people interested and driving the old cars .. A lot of my car buddies say I'm crazy to let my kids drive the Studebakers as they will hardly let their kids even sit in their cars .. Even at car shows if my Hawk is there and a young person is really interested I tell them get in behind the wheel and look down long hood ..
              That's the spirit! If we wish to preserve Studebakers for future generations, then that is the way to go about it. I am 17 years old myself and managed to work my a** of to purchase a 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk by the name of Daisy-Mae. Although I got my start in classic cars from the British (MG, Austin-Healey, that sort of thing), it didn't take me long to transition to the Independent manufacturers of America. Studebaker was at the forefront!
              Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                If anyone wants to watch an excellent Studebaker love story, go to youtbe and see, Driving Indiana Studebaker. It is a 4 1/2 minute clip that many of us can identify with, at least I can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZJlFrToxLM
                At least everyone here should recognize who that is and his cars and garage. I recognized him as soon as he started to talk. Of course, his image and name are given later. The Golden Hawk was previously owned by another member of this Forum. Too bad that they couldn't edit the spelling of Studebaker to get it correct before releasing the video.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This was a Taylor University project done a couple of years ago, and was a segment of a project profiling automobiles made in Indiana. This is an example of what we can do with YouTube to promote SDC and Studebaker. Tom Curtis chose to share some time and perspective on why he loves Studebaker. I think we all can take moment and think about why as well. There are no doubt many stories that can be shared like this. Remember, many of our paths would have never crossed if it weren't for a sincere interest in Studebaker.

Comment

And if you want to nit-pick, the Starlight Coupe is a 5-passenger, not four.
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                      And if you want to nit-pick, the Starlight Coupe is a 5-passenger, not four.
                      No nit-picking wanted.

OTOH, it is nice to know where our SDC President's heart is, and hear his personal testament, when it comes to Studes. I believe many of us can identify, at least to some extent. Seeing that video moved Tom up about 10 clicks on my popularity poll, though I already knew he was a good guy. Furthermore, I see he treats Frank A's old 56J with the pride and dignity it deserves
                      Last edited by JoeHall; 04-08-2018, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                        No nit-picking wanted.
                        Furthermore, I see he treats Frank A's old 56J with the pride and dignity it deserves
                        Absolutely correct Joe. I am so glad the car went to a good home, as did my other one. Everyone might be interested to know that, as nice as the 56J was when the video was made, Tom has since been undergoing a complete re-restoration. He sends me update photos periodically and every time, I am amazed. The most recent ones show the interior completely gutted with no dashboard, steering column, or pedals, just the carpet which he will be replacing. I just hope I get a chance to see the car when it is finished. Judging from what the other cars in Tom's "Baker Barn" look like, this one will be a heck of a lot nicer than when I did it.

Funny, when I bought that car in 1983 and took it to a paint/body shop to get an estimate on making it nice again. The owner told me to scrap the car and start with one in better condition. I guess he just didn't understand what it is like to own a Studebaker.

Frank Ambrogio

Comment

Excellent.
                          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                          50 Champion 2 door*
                          53 Commander K Auto*
                          53 Commander K overdrive*
                          55 President Speedster
                          62 GT 4Speed*
                          63 Avanti R1*
                          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I really enjoyed that. The only distraction was when they put up the graphic with Tom's name and under that it said "Steudebaker Owner". Yes, they misspelled Studebaker. Other than that, very well done and a nice plug for the marque.
                            Ed Sallia
                            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                            X