Name:	IMG_0518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1757609Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1757609

sorry for three pictures, took me forever to load them here. does anybody know a man from Mass.with the last name
    of Lewis who might of owned this car yrs.ago

Comment

I want to thank Lou van Anne ,tw champ and Bensherb with the uploading of the photos

Comment

Same model, same color. I've had mine since 1970.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01266.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1720161

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

All we can see about this is that owner liked a Brighter Blue than the Stock Strato Blue Metallic, and he liked Avanti Wheel Covers better than the Correct ones, and also did not care much for White Wall Tires, but yes it is a '64 Gran Turismo Hawk.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nice Car! My 64 GT Hawk was delivered to my Dad in January of 1964 with Avanti wheel covers on it and for some reason he never questioned them. 40 years later, we figured out that they weren't correct (no mention of them on our car's build sheet) and could only guess that the car was shipped with the wrong wheel covers or maybe was shipped without them and the Avanti wheel covers were the only ones in the dealership's parts inventory. At some point, I got tired of being told that they were incorrect and bought a set of correct ones. In my opinion, the car does look better with the correct ones but I did save the Avanti covers as they have history with my car.
            Randy Ridenour
            Frostburg,MD
            1964 GT Hawk
            sigpic

Comment

I bought this car in September from man in Conn. I also own a 64 strato blue gt hawk that was not worth restoring so
              I have a lot of parts ,NOS and wheel covers to bring back to original stock. Only the engine will not be stock because it
              has a R-1 Avanti.This april I going to put turner disc brakes on the front and dual M/C for safety and comfort. If anyone
              knows a man from Mass.who lives around the patriot foot ball stadium,I believe his last name is Lewis maybe Brian.Let
              me know,I believe he restored this car and could give some information

Comment

What, no comment about the "R" series emblem on the grill?
                Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                All we can see about this is that owner liked a Brighter Blue than the Stock Strato Blue Metallic, and he liked Avanti Wheel Covers better than the Correct ones, and also did not care much for White Wall Tires, but yes it is a '64 Gran Turismo Hawk.
                sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                1950 Champion Convertible
                1950 Champion 4Dr
                1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
                X