Needed: Power Hawk Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed: Power Hawk Steering Wheel

I know I'm looking for hen's teeth here, but hoping for a lead on a steering wheel for a Power Hawk. Condition or color isn't important. Thanks for any leads.

If you call, leave a message as I let most unknown callers go unanswered - too many junk sales calls! 405-650-2431

LOL I also quit answering the phone due to all the crap calls.
    I told all my friends to let it ring 3 times, hang up, and call back in 5 seconds, then I'll know it's a good call, and I'll answer it.

You could try French Lake for the steering wheel. 320-286-2560

Comment

I am pretty sure any 1956 Wheel you may find will be as Bad or worse than what you May have.

That particular Type of Ivory Colored Plastic chosen for the '56 ONLY Deluxe Steering Wheels was a Very poor Choice, it's a Good thing it was only one year, as they all crystallized when exposed to Sun, Heat or Light.

You could use a 1953 to 1955 Deluxe or a '53-'56 Standard Wheel, very much the same except the Material.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        I am pretty sure any 1956 Wheel you may find will be as Bad or worse than what you May have.

That particular Type of Ivory Colored Plastic chosen for the '56 ONLY Deluxe Steering Wheels was a Very poor Choice, it's a Good thing it was only one year, as they all crystallized when exposed to Sun, Heat or Light.

You could use a 1953 to 1955 Deluxe or a '53-'56 Standard Wheel, very much the same except the Material.
        My Power Hawk had a standard black wheel. Was that not OEM? \

Anyway, I think it's around somewhere and if I find it, I'll PM.

jack vines
        Obsolete Engineering Division
        of Mager Engine
        PackardV8

Comment

Jack, the Horn "Button" Standard Steering Wheel, as opposed to Horn "RING" Deluxe Wheel difference is; if the Dealer or Buyer did not specify the OPTIONAL "Deluxe Wheel" or "Padded Dash and Deluxe Wheel" like the Dealer Dad worked for always did, you got the cheapo wheel and very cheap looking Painted dash similar to a Custom Sedan or Wagon.

Remember that Power Hawks and Flight Hawks were not C5 or higher, just C3 strippers with Painted Vent Window Frames, Painted rear Flip-out Window Frames, and No Belt Mouldings or Carpeting.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 03-29-2018, 01:48 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Can you post a picture of one like you are looking for.
            Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Thanks to all, I've located a wheel which will do. Nope, not a 56, but will do for needs. I too was advised about the disintegration of the white/light color so opted out of it. Again, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X