bed floor repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bed floor repair

The '64 Champ that I might be buying has some rust in the bed floor at the front. How is the best way to repair it? The ribbed patch will be difficult to make. Thanks.
    thom

You would need to find a parts truck to cut a piece of the floor from. I don't think any one is making a patch panel. How big of an area is it that needs to be replace?

Comment

Didn't the Champ use a Dodge bed. If so, panel repair patches should be available from LMC or other truck parts suppliers. Bob

Comment

If you have a sheet metal shop in your area, and you can get exact measurements, including thickness, then it may be something that can be made without difficulty.

Comment

New floors are available... https://www.classicent.com/studebaker/pickups/c-cab

Also.. Eastwood has been hyping a larger version of their bead roller that can do that kind of panel...

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Replaced mine to the first cross brace and up the bulkhead to the first reinforcement. Took a sample off my old floor to a local metal fab shop and they bent the pcs for me and made a new front channel . It helps if you've got a shop down the road and on good standing with the owner !
            Click image for larger version

Name:	bed (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1719972Click image for larger version

Name:	bed (3).jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1719973Click image for larger version

Name:	bed (4).jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1719974Click image for larger version

Name:	bed (5).jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1719975Click image for larger version

Name:	bed.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1719976

Comment

Thomas, where are You located ?

Originally posted by thom View Post
              The '64 Champ that I might be buying has some rust in the bed floor at the front. How is the best way to repair it? The ribbed patch will be difficult to make. Thanks.
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Got a NOS 8 ft floor in South Bend. Surface rust.

Comment

Box Pattern for the Box Bed.

I know someone who has the pattern for the bed and if you had a person who could do it, that would make the box look authentic. Let me know.

Originally posted by thom View Post

Roly Lusted, Past President Hamilton Chapter SDC
                  http://www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca
                  https://www.facebook.com/The-Hamilto...64400/?fref=ts

Comment

Working...
                  X