Need Rear Tinted Glass 53-61 C+K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Rear Tinted Glass 53-61 C+K

I will be traveling north from Florida at the end of the month and I am hoping someone between Florida and New York State has one.
    It must be near perfect, NO Scratches, must be green tint, must be for a 53-61 C+K body car.

I am not interested in the newer reproduction glass, only that from the era indicated.

I know this might be a tall order but worth the keys strokes I've invested.

Yes, I know there is one on the swap page, I've already secured that one and will be picking it up in South Bend at the spring fling there in May.

Thanks all

(Sorry Dwight yours had too many deep scratches)
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Bump...
    Any one
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I have nothing used to offer. I know that you mentioned that you don't care for reproduction glass, but I was curious about the reason. I'm guessing that the old glass must have a different 'look' to it. Studebaker parts ON-LINE in Arizona has the replacement reproductions.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

One last attempt before I head south...

Bueller...Bueller
        Bill Foy
        1000 Islands, Ontario
        1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
          I have nothing used to offer. I know that you mentioned that you don't care for reproduction glass, but I was curious about the reason. I'm guessing that the old glass must have a different 'look' to it. Studebaker parts ON-LINE in Arizona has the replacement reproductions.
          Yes, Chinese Glass (or is it Korea?) will be a Lighter Green Tint, and probably Thinner.
          I had a '64 Daytona with one of the Argentina reproductions we USED to be able to get, and it also was too light colored to be a match.

Original Used or NOS is always Correct, PPG or LOF USA.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks. That's good info. I'm sure that NOS is getting pretty scarce. Typing on phone. Sorry about the short reply.
            Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
            X