Supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger

Well, I did a dumb thing;,bought a 1957 Clipper with no supercharger. My wise son pointed out that it would likely cost as much as the car! I know it would run without one but who wouldn't want the extra 65 hp? Would appreciate any help.

Here yo go. https://www.ebay.com/itm/35000RPM-El...xaUbi5&vxp=mtr

And the price is right. Make sure you don't turn that thing all the way up with the "speed controller" as you don't want to over boost your engine.

Seriously, though, did you get the brackets and other parts? There are a couple of superchargers on ebay right now, but don't believe either includes brackets or plumbing.

Not sure why the second one has the shipping cost at over $175.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
      but who wouldn't want the extra 65 hp?
      The CASO who wouldn't spend the relatively few bucks to get it repaired? But then, to him, it was probably just an orphan used car and not worth spending any more than necessary to keep it on the road.

Your son is correct. Today, a complete '57-58 supercharger, bracketry, fuel pump, lines is going for many more bucks than it would have cost when it was all still with the car.

The good news is it's driveable, slowly, (the 7.5 compression 2-bbl probably doesn't make the 210hp you referenced) until the miracle of a complete, affordable, rebuilt supercharger manifests itself.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Good one Lynn. And it is made of that rare material "Zinic Alloy".
        Bill

Comment

35000RPM Electric Car Supercharger Turbo Air Boost Fan With ESC Tuning Custom

Whaddaya wanna bet there's a CASO somewhere installing one of those $33 Chicom whizbangs?

This brought back memories of DD's "Gator" belt-driven-junk-yard-turbocharger. It also very obviously wouldn't work, but more than one was built, installed and quietly removed.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Jeff,

I have some of the parts you may need. I have the carb, inclosure. manifold. fuel pump, crank pulley, mounting bracket, superchargers (2). The parts need to be rebuilt but I do have the NOS parts to rebuild a supercharger. I would not mind cleaning up the garage of stuff I'm not going to use anymore. My Email is krob510@gmail.com I will sell to anyone that is interested if Jeff is not.

Ken

Comment

Working...
            X