Stone fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone fuel filter

The other day I received a sale flyer from SI in the flyer they listed the old style "A-C stone fuel filter". Have not seen one of those in a long time, since I was a kid in the 50's, so I ordered two of them, one for each vehicle. Two days later they came in the mail, put one of them in last night. Needed to do a leak check, but I didn't want start it and then turn it off right away. So I waited until this morning, 20 degrees with a light snow (dry snow). It started right up after it's long winters nap, took it for a 10 mile ride to warm it up. Leak checked OK... I sure do like the looks of those stone filters!
    sigpic
    Jim

So because your Car is a '53, both Champion AND Commander V8 would use the Deep Filter for the AC Fuel Pump which is still available.
    I do not believe that the '55 to '64 V8 SHALLOW Stone for the Timing Cover mounted Original Carter Fuel Pump is available any longer.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So my question is: how well do they actually work? Are they pulverized stones packed into a case? Never saw one.

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
        So my question is: how well do they actually work? Are they pulverized stones packed into a case? Never saw one.
        If I knew how to put a picture on the page, I would show you what one looks like...
        sigpic
        Jim

Comment

This is what most of them look like.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X