Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Brewing Co, Washington, PA former Studebaker dealership wants to host Stude event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Brewing Co, Washington, PA former Studebaker dealership wants to host Stude event

The Washington Brewing Company in Washington, Pa is hoping to host a Studebaker event. The building was built as a Studebaker dealership, as near as I can tell sometime in the twenties or thirties; maybe earlier.
    28 E. Maiden St
    Washington, PA 15301
    724-422-5050

The Washington Brewing Company, Brewery & Restaurant in Washington, PA. We serve lunch & dinner Wednesday through Saturday and Brunch on Sunday from 11-4. We also offer off and onsite catering, and have a semi private events space. From the brewery we offer hand crafted & specialty beers, something to appease every palate. We service Washington County and surrounding areas.

The Washington Brewing Co.
    28 East Maiden St

Washington, PA724-222-5050

The Washington Brewing Co.
    28 East Maiden St
    Washington, PA 15301
    724-222-5050

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

That's pretty neat. I find it so interesting that so many former Studebaker buildings are being restored and the choice is being made to keep the Studebaker indicia on the building. The historical significance of that is evidently not being lost on many developers.
    That too is pretty neat.
    I hope the brewing company is able to host a successful event. With all the Studebaker folks in PA I suspect it will be.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Do they have any dates for the show yet ? Ed

Comment

This is event is one time I wish I lived further north. Sounds like fun.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

If you go to Google maps it still shows what a fright this poor old building had become. Looking at both before and after you have to admire the vision and gumption it took to get it where it is now.

I too wish I were more geographically convenient.

Comment

That is a beautiful building. Someone needs to cut that tree down, it is blocking our view. 😀

Comment

Hope there's a decent turnout.A great way to give Studebaker "exposure" to the younger generation,who have a fondness for microbreweries.

Comment

They are reaching out to the Studebaker community, with whom they have as yet had no contact so, there are no dates or details. This information came to me indirectly from my sister, who still lives in the area where I grew up. In fact, fifty years ago I was employed in that building when it was a Dodge-Chrysler-Plymouth-Imperial dealership. The brewing company is fishing for Studebaker contacts in the area.
                I did forward the contact information of the Activities Chairperson of the Allegheny Region Chapter.
                In the meantime, I'm certain they would be thrilled to have any patrons appear in a Studebaker. Could be photo op time as well if you get there before the tree buds out.

The Washington Brewing Company, Brewery & Restaurant in Washington, PA. We serve lunch & dinner Wednesday through Saturday and Brunch on Sunday from 11-4. We also offer off and onsite catering, and have a semi private events space. From the brewery we offer hand crafted & specialty beers, something to appease every palate. We service Washington County and surrounding areas.
                Last edited by rockne10; 03-07-2018, 09:58 PM.
                Brad Johnson,
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Studebaker and beers together !! SOunds like a great little place .. I to wish I was closer to check out this cool building and try some of their beers ..
                  Love my Lark

Comment

Their menu looks good as well. And you can book your party in their "Studebaker Lounge!" https://www.thewashingtonbrewingcomp...ebaker-lounge/
                    Brad Johnson,
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

.....Click image for larger version

Name:	27332076_1613233278760924_5912828348874112249_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1719826.....
                      Brad Johnson,
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                      X