Redmond Exotics car show photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redmond Exotics car show photos

Some interesting cars, but some identified as the wrong year.

Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
    See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Thanks, wish I'd been there.

Comment

Wow! A 55' Hillman convertible. I've only seen one of these in my lifetime. Wish I was there so I could say I've seen two of them. There were some wonderful cars there and Studebaker was represented, too. Thanks for the posting.

Comment

Originally posted by 48skyliner View Post
        Some interesting cars, but some identified as the wrong year.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...HlfIJFAKoHFg6c
        Thanks. Nice pictures. They needed someone to proofread. As you said, model years off by one to four years. They even identified a Mustang as a 1963 when there were none. Also got models incorrect, like calling a Challenger a Charger.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
          Wow! A 55' Hillman convertible. I've only seen one of these in my lifetime. Wish I was there so I could say I've seen two of them. There were some wonderful cars there and Studebaker was represented, too. Thanks for the posting.
          I did a lot of riding in a Hillman Minx convertible in the 1950s. A neighbor lady had one. I remember the nice leather interior (among other things).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

When I was in graduate school in the late 60,s one of my professors wrecked his Rootes Group sedan - don't remember if it was Hillman, Singer, or Sunbeam - same car from the firewall back. I went to the local wrecker and got a front end, but it was for one of the other models. I welded on some of the inner structure and then installed all the sheet metal. Now that I think about it, I believe we called it the Singbeam.

My local mechanic friend is just finishing up a 50s Hillman sedan with a Ford 302, sitting on a Toyota truck frame - should easily keep up with traffic.
            Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
            See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
              I've seen a few of them, and some Californian hardtops like this one: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...an-Californian

Craig

Comment

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
                Bob
                Bob
                Welland Ontario
                60 Lark Convertible
                64 Daytona
                sigpic
                "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Working...