My new baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new baby!

Drove the new baby over to the gas station for its first fill up. Thank you Ed for selling me this car and trailering it all the way from Athens TN. You and your wife are very nice! Haven't actually driven a running Stude since 1989. It was a real treat!

Cabrina Dieters
    Murfreesboro TN
    1950 Starlight Coupe
    1961 Lark

Very nice looking Lark! [^]

Is that a Regal Lark VI (Six Cylinder) 4 door Sedan? A little hard to tell from the front, it could be a Deluxe with the 4 headlight option and chrome grille moulding added.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very nice looking Lark! [^]

Is that a Regal Lark VI (Six Cylinder) 4 door Sedan? A little hard to tell from the front, it could be a Deluxe with the 4 headlight option and chrome grille moulding added.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Looks like a Cruiser to me! I can see the little rectangular 'Cruiser' nameplate below the 'Lark VIII and the reverse curve on the rear doors.

Craig

Comment

Looks like a Cruiser to me! I can see the little rectangular 'Cruiser' nameplate below the 'Lark VIII and the reverse curve on the rear doors.

Craig

Comment

You must have cheated, Craig! You saved and enlarged it! All I can see is what looks like a roman numeral 6 and a trace of something that could be a Cruiser nameplate or a reflection! I was also thinking it could be one of those rare '61 Cruisers like Sharon's but I could not tell!

Really, Really nice car, if it's one of those! []

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E
            Looks like a Cruiser to me! I can see the little rectangular 'Cruiser' nameplate below the 'Lark VIII and the reverse curve on the rear doors. Craig
            StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You must have cheated, Craig! You saved and enlarged it! All I can see is what looks like a roman numeral 6 and a trace of something that could be a Cruiser nameplate or a reflection! I was also thinking it could be one of those rare '61 Cruisers like Sharon's but I could not tell!

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E
              Looks like a Cruiser to me! I can see the little rectangular 'Cruiser' nameplate below the 'Lark VIII and the reverse curve on the rear doors. Craig
              StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nope! I didn't save & enlarge it at all. The '61 Cruiser as you know has the most distinctive style from its lesser bretheren out of all years of Larks. The shape of the rear doors was a dead giveaway, and seeing that little nameplate on the front fender made it real clear for me. But I'm with you! The '61 Cruiser is RARE, and is very nice!!

Craig.

Comment

Nope! I didn't save & enlarge it at all. The '61 Cruiser as you know has the most distinctive style from its lesser bretheren out of all years of Larks. The shape of the rear doors was a dead giveaway, and seeing that little nameplate on the front fender made it real clear for me. But I'm with you! The '61 Cruiser is RARE, and is very nice!!

Craig.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by cabrina

Drove the new baby over to the gas station for its first fill up. Thank you Ed for selling me this car and trailering it all the way from Athens TN. You and your wife are very nice! Haven't actually driven a running Stude since 1989. It was a real treat!
                    Love it! The first '61 I drove was a black Cruiser and my first new car and first Studebaker was an Autumn Haze Cruiser.
                    Now we need more pix.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                    Museum R-4 engine
                    1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                    1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by cabrina

Love it! The first '61 I drove was a black Cruiser and my first new car and first Studebaker was an Autumn Haze Cruiser.
                      Now we need more pix.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                      Museum R-4 engine
                      1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                      1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Hope you bring it to Shelbyville meet in March. I'll drive all the way from Oklahoma to see it.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Hope you bring it to Shelbyville meet in March. I'll drive all the way from Oklahoma to see it.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                          As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Hi ST2DE5,

Yes, the little Lark told me it expects to mingle with the other Studes at the Shelbyville meet. I need to get a good close look at your sharp business coupe, too!! I only saw it for a second last year because my friend and I got lost trying to find the Ag Center. Plus this year since I've rejoined the local club so I've promised to help Virginia Fennessey and some of the other women cook and clean.

See you there!
                            Cabrina

Comment

Hi ST2DE5,

Yes, the little Lark told me it expects to mingle with the other Studes at the Shelbyville meet. I need to get a good close look at your sharp business coupe, too!! I only saw it for a second last year because my friend and I got lost trying to find the Ag Center. Plus this year since I've rejoined the local club so I've promised to help Virginia Fennessey and some of the other women cook and clean.

See you there!
                              Cabrina

Comment

Working...
                              X