Turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signals

I recently purchased my first Studebaker. Its a 1959 Silver Hawk. My question. it has two sets of front turn signals. One in the lower grill and one on top of the fenders. I believe the fender mounted lights do not belong on a 59. Please advise.

If you look on any picture on Google you will find that the 1959 Silver Hawk (not Golden or GT obviously) does not have turn signals on top of the fenders. If you were to take this car back to stock I would recommend removing the top-fender assembly and then filling in the holes with welded metal plate on the underside. Be very careful though as you don't want to damage the paint or use too much (thereby forcing you to grind where you shouldn't.)
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 02-27-2018, 01:40 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Ditto. If you remove them you will have holes to deal with . I would not weld. Modern auto body adhesives are super and they won't warp and won't burn the paint. You will need to prep the metal really well tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
        Ditto. If you remove them you will have holes to deal with . I would not weld. Modern auto body adhesives are super and they won't warp and won't burn the paint. You will need to prep the metal really well tho.
        Ah! I forgot about those! That would certainly be a better method.
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Working...
        X