Radio I D ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio I D ??

My 61 Hawk has a push button radio with rear speaker and deck mounted antenna with White push buttons and knobs.
    The factory build sheet calls out Radio (push button) & deck antenna AC-3149 factory Order# 72
    The factory build sheet also calls out Rear compartment speaker , AC-2979 factory order# 77
    The face plate on the radio doesn't have the Studebaker name printed on it. Why do some cars have the Studebaker name printed on the front of the radio and others don't ?

Different years of radios have different nomenclature. It's part of the stylists making things look different each year.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
      Different years of radios have different nomenclature. It's part of the stylists making things look different each year.
      RadioRoy,
      ok, so your saying this is correct and original to this car.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuhawk View Post
        RadioRoy,
        ok, so your saying this is correct and original to this car.
        Actually I did not say that.

What I said/wrote was: Different years of radios have different nomenclature. It's part of the stylists making things look different each year.

1961 radios usually have black push buttons. The AC number you have listed is probably for the radio plus the antenna. My research does not list radio plus antenna kits. It merely lists radio AC numbers.
        Last edited by RadioRoy; 02-17-2018, 01:33 PM.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

Comment

RadioRoy,
          My bad. I left the word styling out after original. I didn't mean you were saying it was original from the factory in this car. Sorry if it sounded like that and thanks for your input.

Comment

My 61 Hawk has the original radio in it and it had the white push buttons and knobs with a black face and white numbers. It looked so out of place with the rest of the dash board switches that I removed and painted the knobs and buttons black. Looks much better and more like it should have been. Does not say Studebaker on the face plate.

Comment

Originally posted by E. Davis View Post
              My 61 Hawk has the original radio in it and it had the white push buttons and knobs with a black face and white numbers. It looked so out of place with the rest of the dash board switches that I removed and painted the knobs and buttons black. Looks much better and more like it should have been. Does not say Studebaker on the face plate.
              E. Davis,
              same here. The white buttons and knobs look out of place. Considering the financial problems that Studebaker was having at the time they probably were using up all the inventory before buying more and that might explain the mismatch.

Comment

Or it was a dealer add-on as was discussed in an earlier thread...... Unless your build sheet shows otherwise from factory...

Comment

[QUOTE=Stuhawk;1096989 Considering the financial problems that Studebaker was having at the time they probably were using up all the inventory before buying more and that might explain the mismatch.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Working...
                  X