1957 Hawk for $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Hawk for $1000

Here's another example of how did someone let such a special car get to such a sorry state. Hopefully someone can use parts of it.

Hmm. More like $500 if you ask me. Lots of work ahead to put that gem back on the road.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

That's a SIN!...

Comment

Hibbing Minn. is where my Dad was born and grew up one of my favorite places as a kid growing up grand parents had a cabin out of Hibbing, the car is not a 57 from the front side grilles, 58-61
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Hibbing Minn. is where my Dad was born and grew up one of my favorite places as a kid growing up grand parents had a cabin out of Hibbing,
          Your dad is Bob Dylan? Wow, who knew?

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Bob Peterson is older than Bob Dylan.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
              Here's another example of how did someone let such a special car get to such a sorry state.
              Somewhat difficult to tell in the photos, but it appears that it was a 'value leader' 6-cylinder Silver Hawk that was devoid of ANY options including two-tone paint. Other than front bumper guards, and the aftermarket radio, I don't see any 'extras' at all, unless the horn ring was an option on Silver Hawks that year.

Craig
              Last edited by 8E45E; 02-15-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Hey Bob, my mom is from Hibbing. Lived on 1126 Minnesota. Did you climb the taconite piles in north Hibbing when you visited?

-- Scott
                64 Avanti R1 R5529

Comment

I doubt I'd drag it home for $200. In fact, probably wouldn't take it if given to me. Waaaaay too much work to do anything with it. Parts or rebuild.
                  sals54

Comment

I agree with Bob P. that it is not a 1957.
                    It is listed as "salvage", but his price does not reflect that.
                    It looks like most everything of value has already been removed.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      It looks like most everything of value has already been removed.
                      The only items I see that have been removed and not visible in the photos are the headlight doors, and the fins. And I really question what shape those fins would have been in, looking at the giant hole in the fender.

I won't even count the wiper arms as they aren't considered 'valuable' or 'rare'.

Craig

Comment

The side grilles make it a 1958-61. The holes on top of the front fenders for the parking lamps narrow that down to 1958.
                        -Dwight

Comment

Well, it's JUST a crummy old ugly 6 cylinder "Studebaker"... (Watch out Ma, INCOMING!)
                          Corley

Comment

Pics taken five years ago too!

Comment

What a waste that car is. That guy could have likely parted it out when there was something still of value left but NO! He had to be obstinate about it. Oh well...tempus fugit...
                              Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Working...
                              X