Help with pricing a 1935 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with pricing a 1935 Commander

I have a 1935 Commander that my grandfather purchased several years ago that we are planning to sell. We have had the entire car repainted, most of the chrome has been rechromed and the upholstery has all been redone. Everything else is original and it runs great. We also have a spare engine and transmission that we have used to swap parts. Any help or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

What body style? Photos necessary.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Sorry, I meant to attach the pictures but forgot.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tflatt; 02-14-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Make sure you go into detail about how it runs, drives and what was done to make it last. There are quite a few of these surfacing with decent looking paint, but mechanicals are in poor shape. That will separate a good one from the herd in my book.

Comment

i hope you're not keeping it under a plastic tarp

Comment

No, it is stored in a closed garage. The tarp was just in case it started to rain while we had it out for a wedding. The cowl air vent was leaking at the time.
            Last edited by Tflatt; 02-16-2018, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Value is in the eye of the buyer, so very hard to set. For my money, I can easily do mechanicals, but body and upholstery are out of my wheel house, but if the mechanicals are good then I'd emphasize rarity, condition of everything, and how nice it drives. Better yet: Take it to a Mecham auction and get rich. A sucker is born every minute, and the herd seems to circle around the big auctions.
              Corley

Comment

Those are beautiful cars even in 4 door versions. You can't say that about most models.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                X