No announcement yet.

Is this '59-'60 Hawk or Lark moulding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this '59-'60 Hawk or Lark moulding?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P2110012.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1757351Click image for larger version

Name:	P2110014.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1757352

Does anyone recognize this belt moulding as '59-'60 Hawk or Lark? A couple members from another thread now have me looking postwar vs. prewar. Sure looks like that found on front Hawk fenders & doors Any help identifying these would be appreciated. Thanks

One piece is straight, has spear on one end, closed squared on the other and 56" long.
    One piece is straight, has spear on one end, closed squared on the other and 38" long.
    One piece is straight, has closed squared ends on both ends and 45" long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1962_Studebaker_Lark_Daytona_conv_rear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1757353Click image for larger version

Name:	38566850001_original.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1757354

Looks like 59 , 60 also possibly Early Champ
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally thought it was '39 Champ but another member pointed out '39 profile was convex as opposed to concave like this is.

Comment

Early Champ wrapped around on the fender only, so its not that. NO larks had any that came to a 'point.' 59-61 Hawks had one like this, just need a fender and door measurement to be sure, but tha'ts what they are.

These were called Body Side Mouldings (BSM's ) Not to be confused with 'belt mouldings'.
        Last edited by (S); 02-12-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

(S),
          Would the piece with square ends be rear Hawk qtr? Don't know if the squared end would prohibit it from attaching to the emblem/badge.

Comment

The 56" spear matches the hawk front fender trim on my Hawk. Don't know about the rest.

Comment

Thanks E. Davis,
              So the 38" piece with a spear doesn't match the door?

Comment

On a Hawk, the fender and door gets a moulding. The quarter panels get trim not a 'full moulding'

Comment

Originally posted by willys54 View Post
                  Thanks E. Davis,
                  So the 38" piece with a spear doesn't match the door?
                  Not on mine.

Comment

Found some used trim moldings in the basement marked "60 Hawk" which looked similar to those in the photos above but these are 64" long, open on one end and closed, but at an angle, on the other end (so these would come as a pair (rt & lt) and would not be interchangeable from side to side.
                    Dan Peterson
                    Montpelier, VT
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Dan,
                      The configuration you describe sounds like the rear quarter mouldings since the closed angled end would fall just FWD of the tail light housings and the open end would connect to the larger trim piece just AFT of the doors.

The part that really puzzles me is the 38" piece I describe at the beginning of the thread since E. Davis says it does not match the ones on his doors. Can anyone tell me what the length of of the door pieces are on '59-'61 Hawks?

Comment

Well, you got me....I erred again (nothing new anymore) The door trim is 38 inches and the flat goes to the fender and the spear ends right at the door handle. Sorry for the misinformation the first time.

Comment

Not a problem. Thanks for clearing this up.

Comment

Working...
                          X