Carburetor Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor Service

As we become "more mature", there comes a time to make some changes due to age and ability. The guy that owns the shop where I do most of my side work has started to prepare for his next step towards retirement. Having built a small shop on his property, he decided that carburetor repair would keep him in some spending money and it wouldn't be too taxing on the muscles and bones.
    Tony, the shop owner is one of the best mechanic, machinist, performance engine builders that I have ever met and worked with. He has always specialized in carburetor repair and always impressed me with his skill. So, after purchasing the needed equipment for refinishing carbs to reflect their original appearance, I gave him a box of miscellaneous Studebaker carbs to work on. Pictured is a Stromberg WW that he completed last week.
    He will be offering carbs already rebuilt with a core exchange, or would be happy to rebuild yours. Prices will vary, depending on what parts are needed, but he will be very competitive with anyone's prices. A WCFB is next.
    Attached Files
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Better get yours in the queue before the word gets out. Now that Daytona no longer does restorations, there aren't that many places to send them any more.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
      Better get yours in the queue before the word gets out. Now that Daytona no longer does restorations, there aren't that many places to send them any more.

jack vines
      Daytona still does them, just without the special coating.

Comment

Jon Myer does ALL carbs!!
        Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post

jack vines

Comment

Tony does all carbs too. I've seen him make Quadrajets do amazing things.
          Jamie McLeod
          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
          1958 Commander "Christine"
          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
          1955 Commander Sedan
          1964 Champ
          1960 Lark

Comment

As well as Dave Thibeault (T-bow).
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Also, as well as Brad Bez...
              Lew Schucart
              Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

funny how (we) elderly keep the flame going...

Comment

Chris's Carbs in Dayton, Ohio. 837-890-0970. Referred to few years back by Daytona Parts. He's good.
                  Kim

Comment

As a matter of practice, the first thing I do when I acquire a Studebaker is send the carb to Dave T whether the car is running or not.

Comment

Sometimes I see /read a thread that I'd like to be able to 'mark,' so that I could return to it time and again ~ this being one of them!

Sadly, I've not found the facility to such a thing with the Forum, unless someone has a good way of doing this.

Thanks, Richard
                      PS: By writing this post, it makes it possible for me to track it down
                      Richard
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                        As a matter of practice, the first thing I do when I acquire a Studebaker is send the carb to Dave T whether the car is running or not.
                        That's a sound practice. And while Dave has the carb is the best time to thoroughly address the brakes.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Yes, complete brake system overhaul is part of the drill also.

Comment

Working...
                          X