An Intriguing Avanti Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Intriguing Avanti Video

So, all of us here know and love the Avanti, arguably the best car to come out of South Bend. Therefore its pretty nice when a comprehensive and honest video of it pops up on YouTube.

1964 Studebaker Avanti Paxton Supercharged R2 Muscle Car Of The Week Video Episode #138 A Studebaker, on Muscle Car Of The Week? We think this original ...

Happy Viewing!
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Thanks for posting this. It is always good to get the exposure. I would have preferred a car without modifications (four noted - large and small) to be used for this purpose. Also, there is the errors made by the commentator. The largest that I noted was "leather seats". Is this Avanti really a 1964 as shown/stated or is it a 1963 - not just round lights but also things like a 3EE battery.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Some 64's had round lights, some '63's have square. Weird, but true.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
        I do not believe that your statement is "true". Some '64s had round lights, but I do not believe that any true '63s had square lights when built.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

A guy in our chapter has one...
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

A guy in our chapter has one...
            But was it originally built that way? Many were changed, usually after an accident.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Thanks for posting. Was a nice clip to watch.

Comment

There is another part of the story.

Avanti splintered off from the Studebaker name in 1965 and since that time has gone through a series of owners. Avanti II gained success by being hand-built for each customer. Learn about the history of Avanti.

This car, the prototype, will be in Tucson AZ on March 10 for our annual March Madness Meet. Check your Turning Wheels for information. It will be a great meet.

Bob Miles
                Tucson AZ

Comment

Great video that only makes selling our restored to stock '63 R1 even more difficult.
                  Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                  jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    But was it originally built that way? Many were changed, usually after an accident.
                    Agree with Gary. Not sure any 63's left the factory with square headlights.
                    Mike Davis
                    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

You are confusing 63 models titled as 64 models because the title was dated when they were sold.

Comment

Working...
                      X