GT Hawk Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk Registry

I will be taking over the GT Hawk Registry with transitioning help from Barry Leppan. What is the best way to run a Registry that will keep it secure and responsive. There are many Registries out there and I would like to hear the "best practices" from them.
    Peter Bishop

Thanks for taking over Peter. It was a great registry before Barry got hacked.
    Thank you too Barry for all your hard work

Comment

Peter,
      I am glad to hear you have stepped up to the plate. I'd recommend picking Frank A's brain. He is the guy who started the 56J Only Registry in the late 1980s, and it is still going strong!

Comment

Peter - I made some attempts alongside Barry to reach his old service provider, who presumably has a stash somewhere that includes the photos and other content Barry had accumulated. Barry was generous enough to dig deep and find some old registry photos of the '62 I bought in 2017. We never heard back from the guy at the defunct service provider, and I've done some scouring of Internet archives to see if I could find some content - to little avail. If you manage to find any hints at where this content lives, or want help sleuthing, I'd help.

In direct response to your question, I started the Orphan Hawk registry last year (Silver Hawks, Hawks, all without specific registry coverage prior to '17). I've accumulated photos and data but have not yet found a good spot to post (securely, and privately/members-only). If you determine a good path, let's share notes - might be that we find a good solution for both sets of cars. There are some nice custom-coded sites out there - I unfortunately don't have time resources for that, but I've been hunting for a good canned version.

Comment

Hi Peter
          it's a good thing I try to read forum postings otherwise I wouldn't have known you had taken over Barry's management position . Would like you to email me at not4u@nlis.ca so I can get to know your email address and change the contact info that we keep . One thing I stronly suggest tell Mark Wheeler of the change so he can keep the list up dated and accurate . We can also discuss how I do my two registries and privacy concerns .
          Old Fart
          Terry

Comment

When you going to launch the new registry Peter?

Comment

I just took delivery of Barry's background documentation for the GT Hawk Registery. I will now start cross referencing his information with information from the SDC 2018 Roster. My first step will be associating VIN's with current owners.
              PLEASE FORWARD THE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER FOR YOUR GT HAWK TO THIS POSTING or send an email using my contact info on the last page of Turning Wheels.
              Peter Bishop

Comment

Mine: 64V11322.....I'd like to see a "standard format" app that could be provided by SDC or perhaps Cornerstone Registrations that would include preset tabs, index stops, paragraph indentations, photo posting etc. as most of us are of the "not too technical" computer user generation.
                Last edited by Lou Van Anne; 02-23-2018, 08:34 PM.
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

63v26241, listed in the JT News, I am not in the TW roster but formerly with the ASC.

Comment

The VIN for my 62 Hawk is 62V8685. Bud

Comment

62V37103 for my 1962 GT, Peter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	1719652
                      Bill L.
                      1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Mine is 63S-11606.
                        sigpic

Comment

63V-36511 here

Comment

Two 1964 Hawks: 64V-2352 and 64V-5437, and one 63 Hawk previously parted out: 63V-13989.
                            -Dwight FitzSimons, Virginia
                            Last edited by Dwight FitzSimons; 02-26-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

1964 GT Hawk 64V-2488
                              Bob Johnstone, Great Falls, VA
                              64 GT Hawk (K7)
                              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
                              X