Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep your Stude clean and shiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep your Stude clean and shiny?

Newbie Stude owner here (1951 Champion Regal Convertible) interested in knowing how other members keep their cars looking shiny and clean. What products are best for the outside -- and the inside? Any special treatments, processes, recommendations?

I use the Paradise Road clean and wax to make this beauty shine and clean up easy after a drive.

The car has never seen water or soap since it was completed two years ago. No swirl marks and you can actually feel the difference after you apply it to a panel. Cleaning up after a drive is now easier than ever. I can fire up the air compressor and blow all the dust off and none of it sticks. Bird poop and bug poop come right off. As for the inside what is it made of?

While not a Studebaker I plan to use the same product on my Studebaker when it gets painted later this year. I was a died in the wool Meguire's guy until I was given a sample of this.
    product.
    Dan
    Last edited by SilverHawkDan; 02-09-2018, 09:30 PM. Reason: Adding information

Comment

Ill have to give it a try

Comment

I've always had great success with Adam's product

Adam's Polishes provides premium detailing products designed to reduce time & steps in the process. We provide Wheel Cleaner, Microfiber towels and much more. Shop now ยป

But now Paradise Road clean and wax has me thinking. I've never heard of it until this AM

Comment

After a local demo I switched to Griot's Garage products. They have a huge selection of products for every cleaning and polishing need and their stuff is amazing. Check them out.
          griotsgarage.com
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Whatever products you use, invest in a microfiber wash mitt and wiping cloths, and one of the new synthetic chamois.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Clean and shiny?? My Studebakers?!? Hahahaha
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

For the exterior, I use DWG and Kozak cloth.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Just to add 2 cents to the discussion, I use Mothers Carnauba Cleaner/wax on my '59 Lark. Keeps it looking shiny and beautiful.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by 1951Champion View Post
                    Newbie Stude owner here (1951 Champion Regal Convertible) interested in knowing how other members keep their cars looking shiny and clean. What products are best for the outside -- and the inside? Any special treatments, processes, recommendations?
                    Don't let it get dirty. Actually, I second the use of Griot's Garage products. They are excellent.
                    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

My interior is white vinyl -- which had to be hard to keep clean even when it was new. Suggestions welcome. Thought about just using something like 409 spray cleaner to do an initial clean and perhaps Armor All to make it look good.

Comment

ICE ! I spray it on and wipe the car down , NO residue , windows ,chrome , everthing , On the daily drivers I spray it on the car while drying them , It works great and lasts for awhile , Ed

Comment

Man oh MAN!!!! At first glance I thought whatever Silver Hawk Dan was using changed a Studebaker to a Chevrolet and I was NOT GOING TO USE IT NO MATTER HOW SHINEY THAT CAR WAS!!!!

Comment

Has anyone used the ceramic coatings?
                            Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by dleroux View Post
                              I've always had great success with Adam's product

Adam's Polishes provides premium detailing products designed to reduce time & steps in the process. We provide Wheel Cleaner, Microfiber towels and much more. Shop now ยป

But now Paradise Road clean and wax has me thinking. I've never heard of it until this AM
                              I've used Adams as well but will also look at this Paradise Road product now! Been happy with Adams though.

Comment

Working...
                              X