It's a sad day for Nick Berger............"Christine" goes on the block:-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a sad day for Nick Berger............"Christine" goes on the block:-(

Nick has done some beautiful work on his custom. IIRC, he's reluctantly offered it for sale for some time now, but actually being on eBay is the reality check. It is to be hoped he finds the buyer who has the same taste and the bankroll.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

It's a beautiful car, but it's going to have a tough time on eBay with a $47k opening bid required, 12 pictures, and a 3 line description.

You need to put yourself in the position of a potential buyer. Is that all you'd need to part with $47k?

With the auction format, a low starting price will at least tell you what the market thinks the car is worth...even if it doesn't meet reserve.

It must be tough for him parting with such a special car, and I wish him the best of luck with the sale.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

It IS a nice Avanti.
        What Dick said. Start with a low opening bid price and a reserve that you can live with. This gets the auction action going.
        I see that he is new to eBay in 2018 and has a zero feedback. This will not help.
        If I knew him/the car I would probably bid on it, but not at that opening bid.
        I wonder if he also owns the two Thunderbirds in the picture. All three are about the same color.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          It IS a nice Avanti.
          What Dick said. Start with a low opening bid price and a reserve that you can live with. This gets the auction action going.
          I see that he is new to eBay in 2018 and has a zero feedback. This will not help.
          If I knew him/the car I would probably bid on it, but not at that opening bid.
          I wonder if he also owns the two Thunderbirds in the picture. All three are about the same color.
          Yes, Nick has Thunderbirds. Yes, he's a stand-up-forty-year-Stude-guy and the quality and workmanship is top notch. Yes, starting the bidding that high is self-defeating, but he's always been conflicted about selling the car.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X