Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Studebaker Sports Sedans

Hey Folks;
    Just got my February TW and noticed a 1965 Daytona Sports sedan for sale in New Jersey and was wondering if anyone knew who's car it is ?? Would like to get in touch with owner . I can be reached at not4u@nlis.ca Thanks
    Old fart Terry

1965 Daytona Sports sedan
    I've not paid much attention to later Larks, but that's a new model designation to me. A bit of research turned up this interesting link.https://classicregister.com/id-guide...r-sports-sedan

The Sports Sedan was Studebaker's only 2-door 'Daytona' model available for the 1965 year, produced alongside the Daytona 4-door sedan and Wagonaire models. The Sports Sedan was produced in relatively low numbers and received a number of unique features compared to other vehicle's in the 1965 range, making it one of the most desirable late model Studebakers.
    Learn something here every day.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Hey Jack , here's more info for you to ponder . There are 42 known survivors from the 1627 produced . I know there are more but as far as the registry is concerned these have been confirmed survivors . For all those who read this posting I thank you but with a little digging I think I have found the owner of the 65 Sports sedan for sale in N.J.

Old Fart

Comment

I was told the car was sold , But I have not spoke to the owner(who I know well) to confirm this , Ed

Comment

Ed : The car is in the registry owned by Joeseph Walker but I didn't know he moved and that is why I asked if anyone knew whose it was . Do you know who the new owner is ?? I would like to talk to him via emails .

Terry

Comment

Jack, thanks for the link. That is some pretty interesting information. It's interesting that there was one single six cylinder produced. You would think that if they tooled up to build one, they would have made a few more. It IS a sports sedan, so I'm thinking not too many would be buying them for economy.
            Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I have been told the one and only 6 cylinder 65 was produced close to the end of years production . It was the continued for the 66 year which more were produced .

Comment

The only 4 door sedans produced in 1965 with the Commander, and Cruiser. There was a 1964 Daytona 4 Door produced but the Daytona 4 door was not made after 1964. There were a few 1966 Daytona 2 Door Sports Sedans made in 1966 including "Aunt Bee's" with 6 cylinder cars.

Bob Miles
                Tucson AZ

Comment

There were 253 1966 six cylinder Daytona 2 Dr Sport/Sports Coupes built for the US and 3 for export. There were 2, 6 cylinder engines available, the 194 and the 230. All were available with a Std, Std W/OD or Automatic. 620 V8 Daytona 2 Dr Sport/Sports Coupes were built for the US and 4 for export, again with the same transmission choices available. Approximately twelve 1965 STUDEBAKERS, not just Daytona's, were converted to 1966 models. Most of those were used for the Canadian Expo, an annual show for companies to display and promote their new line of product. My 66 Daytona, one of the 12 converted cars, was retained by Studebaker and used for a promotional show car until March when the plant closed and my car was sold. Only 880 1966 Daytona's were built according to the figures I have. So there were more six cylinder 66 Daytona's built then in 1965, but less 66 Daytona's then 65's in total.
                  Originally posted by old fart View Post
                  I have been told the one and only 6 cylinder 65 was produced close to the end of years production . It was the continued for the 66 year which more were produced .
                  sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                  1950 Champion Convertible
                  1950 Champion 4Dr
                  1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                  1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I don't know the new owner But not only did he buy Jerry's car he brought the plain brown wrapper's twin that was on feebay a few weeks ago . Ed

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
                      I don't know the new owner But not only did he buy Jerry's car he brought the plain brown wrapper's twin that was on feebay a few weeks ago . Ed
                      Geesh,I thought that was Jerry's car but I wasn't quite sure.I have seen that car up close and personal and IMHO it was worth every dime of the asking price!

Comment

Working...
                      X