Identifying a Champ pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying a Champ pickup

I just looked at a Champ pickup and I don't know how to determine what year it is, what engine (it IS a V8) and what model (1/2 ton, 3/4 ton) it is.
    The body plate on the firewall says 5E and something I cannot read (maybe T6).
    The serial number tag on the door pillar says Serial E7 13230 and Model 5E7-112

Thanks
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

It's a 1960 half ton V8 with 6ft bed.

Comment

Thanks Matt.
      By the way, everyone, it IS for sale. If interested, PM me.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

T6 stands for the deluxe model, should have chrome grill , stainless around the winshield , chrome parking lights vents , chrome hubcaps and the sliding rear window
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

What would a ball park price for a survivor grade truck like that be?
          I have one similar to that close to me but it's just rusting away in his yard.

Dean.

Comment

What is the accepted definition/condition of a survivor ? A running vehicle without previous major repairs or exterior changes ?? If so, you really need to talk rust. I have bought many "winter" survivors for under $500. that I drove into the salt. If the truck is running and stopping, has no rust-through, cannot be heard in the next block at idle, and you can sit in in the seat without future bandages....I'll venture , maybe $2000. to $4000. But every vehicle has a personal value that is not shared by similar ones...

Comment

Thank you,

Dean.

Comment

Sold mine for $4500 about4-5 months ago, if it helps.

1960, 289/t98, EFI, TT rear. I sold it as a vehicle that could go to the local car shows but would need work to make into a comfortable driver. All rust repaired
                Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Working...
                X