A picture for StudeRich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A picture for StudeRich

This is on my '55 wagon. Just noticed the dealer's name today.

They are proud of stating "100% PURE PARAFFIN BASE", but in the 60's I remember seeing lots of sludge build up under the valve covers, and the door stickers were always Quaker State or Pennzoil, which were paraffin based oils. When I bought my 1952 Land Cruiser in about 1969, I had to remove the valve covers to fix an oil leak, and the rocker arms were barely visible for all the sludge build up.

Comment

Our 1961 Hawk came from that dealership

Our 1961 Hawk came from that dealership and we believe it was sold by Stude Rich's dad in January 1961.

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
      This is on my '55 wagon. Just noticed the dealer's name today.

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
      studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Thank you Matt, I saved that to File. They also carried Quaker State & Pennzoil as well.
        There is a Very good chance that Dad sold that Wagon, he did sell quite a few Family Type Cars.

IF it actually was sold there, there is always a small chance it was just Serviced there at 51 & 53,000 Miles, anything is possible.

I remember Crozier Machine in Hawthorne, CA on Prairie Ave. 4 Blocks from Home, I would see 1 or 2 Studes. there all the time.
        Mr. Crozier Bought a Lt. Blue 1/2 Ton '55 Pickup, A '55 President Hardtop for himself and a President State Sedan for his wife at Afton's from Dad.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Thank you Matt, I saved that to File. They also carried Quaker State & Pennzoil as well.
          There is a Very good chance that Dad sold that Wagon, he did sell quite a few Family Type Cars.

IF it actually was sold there, there is always a small chance it was just Serviced there at 51 & 53,000 Miles, anything is possible.

I remember Crozier Machine in Hawthorne, CA on Prairie Ave. 4 Blocks from Home, I would see 1 or 2 Studes. there all the time.
          Mr. Crozier Bought a Lt. Blue 1/2 Ton '55 Pickup, A '55 President Hardtop for himself and a President State Sedan for his wife at Afton's from Dad.
          According to the build sheet, it was a Vernon built car. There's no dealership listed. I'm guessing it spent most of its early life on the west coast, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
            Our 1961 Hawk came from that dealership and we believe it was sold by Stude Rich's dad in January 1961.
            Is that the rumble seat Hawk, I saw in Portland, at the '93 International meet?

Mark
            sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Matt and Suzie Q: What is your serial number?

I have many purchase orders from Frank Afton Studebaker :

61 V C 6 desert sand, 4 spd Ser# 61V 19848 Looks like it was sold new JAN 3, 1961

61V -C6 White, Auto trans, A/C Ser # 61V 25948 Looks like it was sold new FEB 24, 1961 interesting they added a VACCUM gauge and they must have locked horns on the price. There are 3 different sales receipts for this car. CASO!

Both of these buyers came in in jan or feb and did not buy the car until later..... Hum?

I have other 'piles' of these but they are hiding. I did not see any Conestoga.
              Last edited by (S); 01-28-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I found Matt's Serial number on another String, it's got Automatic, Power Brakes, Full Tinted Glass, and 3.31 Ratio R/A, Body #906, I'll check my sold purchase orders, not sure they go back to 1955.

:
                Last edited by StudeRich; 01-28-2018, 07:06 PM.
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That is the original colour of the car. 61V 17765 It is a 4 spd, bucket seats, TT We have all of the paperwork from the Museum on the car also.
                  Originally posted by (S) View Post
                  Matt and Suzie Q: What is your serial number?

I have many purchase orders from Frank Afton Studebaker :

61 V C 6 desert sand, 4 spd Ser# 61V 19848 Looks like it was sold new JAN 3, 1961

61V -C6 White, Auto trans, A/C Ser # 61V 25948 Looks like it was sold new FEB 24, 1961 interesting they added a VACCUM gauge and they must have locked horns on the price. There are 3 different sales receipts for this car. CASO!

Both of these buyers came in in jan or feb and did not buy the car until later..... Hum?

I have other 'piles' of these but they are hiding. I did not see any Conestoga.

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
                  studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    I found Matt's Serial number on another String, it's got Automatic, Power Brakes, Full Tinted Glass, and 3.31 Ratio R/A, Body #906, I'll check my sold purchase orders, not sure they go back to 1955.
                    I know it’s on the build sheet, but this car doesn’t show any signs of ever having power brakes. Everything else matches up, though.

It’d be something if you guys had some paperwork on this one. That oil change decal is the only early history I have so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                      They are proud of stating "100% PURE PARAFFIN BASE", but in the 60's I remember seeing lots of sludge build up under the valve covers, and the door stickers were always Quaker State or Pennzoil, which were paraffin based oils. When I bought my 1952 Land Cruiser in about 1969, I had to remove the valve covers to fix an oil leak, and the rocker arms were barely visible for all the sludge build up.
                      I had that same (not as severe tho) experience with a couple Studes I had back in the 70's. Either bad oil or PO's not changing it due to being just an old car.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1719408Ebay $339

Comment

Here is one of the keepsakes I still have from 1962:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dad's Business card.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1719409
                          Holy Superchargers, THAT License Frame is a bit pricier than I would have guessed, thank you for posting it. Is that on the Canadian eBay?

UPDATE: I found it on the USA eBay in Calif. by rockabillyredhead707 for a $275.00 Buy it Now, Today 1/30/2018, I guess he lowered it, Wow, such a DEAL!.

Found these also from a Hemet Calif. Studebaker Packard Dealer:
                          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-30-2018, 03:15 PM.
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                          X