Save it from the crusher emergency, I am serious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save it from the crusher emergency, I am serious

I have a guy that called me from Sacramento California to see if I wanted to buy his wife's Lark. Someone I reached out to in my search for a 64 -66 Lark sent him my phone number. They are financially challenged and she needs tires for her car. She is going to junk it Monday to get money for tires. If the store it a few more days they will have to pay storage fees they do not have. He called me not knowing I am in Wisconsin. He has no internet and only a flip phone older than mine. It is her dad's car, one owner, California car going to the shredder Monday if we do not act now. I want the car if it is decent. At a minimum if I do not end up with the car, it should be saved. It is a 65 2dr with no motor, one owner car.

West coast guys come to the rescue.

JK

I suppose She would not know or did not share if it was a V8, or if it IS a Daytona Sports Sedan, as rare as '65/'66 Commander 2 Doors are, it likely is Not.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It seems like folks wait until the last possible minute before putting out an emergency call. Why not call earlier?
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

The wife / owner is deaf so I need to go through the hubby. He is no car guy as he was lost when I started talking "A" pillar vs. "B" pillar. All have confirmed is that it is a 2DR. Her dad had it at a shop to rebuild the motor and died. All she got back was the car, sans motor. We need to save this from the crusher. I want it but if someone else gets it I would be let down but still happy.

JK

Comment

Sure sounds suspicious to me. Considered a scam? Has he ask for money?
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Hard to find it in Sacramento without a name, address, or phone number. Just sayin.

Comment

****-and-piss-fire! That is a true SDC emergency right there. I don’t have the space or the right Coast (I’m on the East...) but please let this 65 two-door get saved. While undesireable in the mainstream collector car market, it’s rare enough and cool enough to justify it!
              Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I'm in Sacramento. Send me the number. I'll call and get some details. Maybe even keep it for myself. I've still got a couple of engines and trannies around here somewhere. I even have a 69 396 cu in and 4 speed sitting in my garage. Hmmmmmm. Maybe. But seriously, send me some contact information. I'll check it out.
                sals54

Comment

Well, if it's a '65, and a 2-door, it is going to be a sedan, not a hardtop, since there were no '65 hardtops, AFAIK. And I am glad Sal stepped up, because he is right there in Sacto.
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Sals54,

I will PM you his phone number in a few minutes.

JL

Comment

Good luck Sal. Let's us know how it comes out.

-- Scott
                      64 Avanti R1 R5529

Comment

Go for it Sal. A Stude with a big block anything is just too cool.
                        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                          Go for it Sal. A Stude with a big block anything is just too cool.
                          Bill
                          And with a 4-Speed also, Waaay tooo COOOOL!!!!!

Mark
                          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

So far I've not been able to get any further info on the car, but supposedly its going to someone in Washington. Someone here?
                            He said he would call me if this deal fell through.
                            sals54

Comment

Working...
                            X