Big ole Stude Diesels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big ole Stude Diesels

Anybody got any pics or info on these '62-64 Stude Diesels? (Other than Craig. ) I just love these trucks! There just doesn't seem to be that much out there on 'em.

If I ever finish the Daytona I might look for one to redo..

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

This picture that I had posted in another thread is a Stude 1 1/2 - 2 ton Diesel with the traditional fibreglas grill.

The truck belongs to Washington State member Steve Hood

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

The cab lights look like they belong on an International. NT

Neil Thornton
      Hazlehurst, GA
      '57 Silver Hawk
      '56 Sky Hawk
      '51 2R16 dump truck
      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

You know those trucks bring major money, think R2 Lark/Hawk money or much better.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Lark 2 door
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Really JP? That's interesting. That could be why it's so rare to see one sold in the SDC. [)]

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I think I recall someone calling me 5-6 years ago about one that Dave T-Bow had? I think it came with a 30' Landoll trailer.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Here are some pics of our trucks. The Orange ones pic is taken in South Bend last summer with a 1946 Freuhalf trailer in tow. This truck has a 4-53 Turbo Detroiter with a 3 speed brownie in it. Around here you need all the power you can have to get over the mountains.

The yellow one is my moms and the frame has been lengthened 3 feet on it. Its a great truck but you will spend some time climning the mountains.

I thought i had a pic of the bbc i bought from bill mcdowl but i can't find one.

The newest one is from chuck naugle and i am going to make it a wrecker. Its the only diesel we have with teh fiberglass front grill. It also has 5th over trans.

I would love to see more diesels at show but as JDP said the bring some pretty good money. sorry if everythig is misspelled. pretty sick today so i stayed home from work. Jay

Lil Orange

Big Yellow

Loading at Chucks

Rusty the Wrecker and the Volvo back home in Nevada

Comment

Oh drool!![][][][]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Oh to have lots of time and money! []

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Mark, it seems that money and time are like repulsing magnetic charges. Ya can't have one with the other.[B)] Sad, but there it is.

Did I say DROOL[] yet[?]

Lotsa Larks!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by battleborn

Here are some pics of our trucks. The Orange ones pic is taken in South Bend last summer with a 1946 Freuhalf trailer in tow. This truck has a 4-53 Turbo Detroiter with a 3 speed brownie in it.
                      Cool beans, Jay. I remember your fascinating story in Turning Wheels a couple months ago. Thoroughly enjoyable reading.

One question: What's a "brownie?" (Keep it clean; it's a serious question!) [:0][}] BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker
                        Mark, it seems that money and time are like repulsing magnetic charges. Ya can't have one with the other. Sad, but there it is.

Ron Smith
                        True and you have to remember that it's not just the $$$'s to buy a Diesel, then you have to have a place to properly store it too!

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                          One question: What's a "brownie?" (Keep it clean; it's a serious question!) [:0][}] BP
                          An auxiliary transmission behind the regular gear box that gives you additional ranges. Remember the twin stick Macks?

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by battleborn

Here are some pics of our trucks. The Orange ones pic is taken in South Bend last summer with a 1946 Freuhalf trailer in tow.
                            Indeed, Jay...that pic I took of yours loaded up turned out real well!

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                              An auxiliary transmission behind the regular gear box that gives you additional ranges. Remember the twin stick Macks?
                              I kinda figured that, Gary, but where does the nickname "brownie" come from? Why is it called a "brownie?" [?] [8D] BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X