January Heat Wave And A Stude Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Heat Wave And A Stude Drive

Over 40F in southern Wisconsin today so I the old girl to get some ethanol free 97 octane and wring her out. It was fun, I might take it ice fishing tomorrow.

JKClick image for larger version

Name:	SANY2190.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1756396

Looking good, a running driving Stude. is always a good thing!

Looks like a set of Silver Universal Ford/Chev. Rally Wheels complete with their Hub Caps and new wide whites.

Is that actually a Mobil Station? They still have them there, AND they sell real gas!
    We haven't seen one of those in years, gone the way of Hancock, Esso and Exon.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Wisc "Indian Summer" weather

Ok, rub it in...same temp in Green Bay.....but my Avanti is locked in storage, wish I was smarter when I put it away. You give me hope for an early ice break-up on the bay and the first spring drive! Thx Sherm / Green Bay

Name:	SANY2190.jpg
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1756396[/QUOTE]

Comment

The front wheels are 15 x 4s from Summit Racing with Firestone 6.40s. The rears are custom backspaced 15 x 7.5s from Stockton Wheel with 7.75 Radir cheater slicks. I am a Ralley wheel junkie. They have been on almost every ride I ever had. The Stockton is dual pattern also.

JK

Comment

That is interesting, from those Pics you would swear they are all the same size, and the stance is not nose down even with those super tiny Tires up front, in fact it actually looks like it COULD be Level to a 1/2 Inch UP in front! You must have excellent Springs.

At least from a distance, very Stock looking.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, there are a few Mobil stations in the Seattle area.

Comment

What appears to be an unrestored and largely original 1961 Hawk can’t be too common any more but hey, neither is actual 97 octane ethanol free gas!

Congratulations ns for resisting the temptation to restore her and letting her show her history with pride! Not many people, I have found, are willing to do that.
              Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 01-22-2018, 02:00 PM.
              Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Many people ask, "When are you going to fix it up?". I am building another Stude so I just say, "I gotta have something to drive while I build the other car!", and its the truth. It is an original 4-speed car, 289, 2-barrel, ratty but cool. It is a fun ride to take to small shows and answer questions from the younger rodders. The radio still works too. It needs some TLC this summer but no major downtime. The history on the car as I was told is that is a West coast car, (confirmed with build sheet), went to Texas at some time, re-painted at an "Earl Shives" level, damaged, driver's door replaced, rattle can painted. The owner died and it was left to sit with the windows down outside for a while and therefore the interior is toast. The floors are a little rusty inside but only through in a few small spots. It went to Michigan at some point and I bought it nine years ago. Attached is an photo of it with the Stude plant in the background. The photo came with the car. I also have the original Cali black plates and the last sticker on the rear is from '86, so it was in Cali 'til then.

Name:	hawk.jpg
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1718077
                Last edited by 3x2stude; 01-22-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X