JT News Issue 32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT News Issue 32

Recently received the latest JT News via e-mail . Craig has done a Great Job Carrying on this newsletter and is happy to send it to anyone that would like to be added to the email list . Any info related to these cars he is provided is apreciated to use in future issues . Very interesting to read weather you own a Jet Thrust powered Stude or not . Ed

I loved the latest issue with excellent images. It took me back to when I was active with the R2 '64 Convertible I brought here from Michigan & then earler the '63 Avanti that had a post fitted R4 engine fitted. As I recall that engine number was B79. Memories of when I was younger.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Indeed, a supreme effort on Craig's part; 'just great. Thanks, Craig. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

How do I go about getting on the Jet Thrust News e-mail list?
        I have a 1963 R2 GT Hawk and I am very interested in this.
        Thank you very much for sharing this information!!
        Terry Stinehelfer
        Bucyrus, OH 44820

Comment

I used to get it back when it was mailed but have not seen an issue in some time. So yes how do we get on the site, email list or ??
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments, Ed & Bob.

Here is the link: http://www.studebaker-info.org/JTN/JTN32/JTN32.html

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

Craig
              Thanks for posting this, Craig. I have owned a couple of R-engined Studebakers in the past, but do not currently have one. As long as you provide the newsletter here, that is fine with me.

You mentioned -17. Is that C or F?
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                You mentioned -17. Is that C or F?
                Farenheit.

Unless noted, I always use farenheit when quoting temperatures, be it ambient temperature, or operating temperature an engine, etc.

Craig

Comment

Thank you very much for providing the link to Jet Thrust News #32.
                  I think it is fantastic!! I enjoyed reading it and all the super photos.
                  Thanks to Craig for all of the hard work involved in producing such a fine piece.
                  One more question!! How do I get on the list to have future issues e-mailed to me?
                  Thanks in advance for the information!!
                  Terry Stinehelfer
                  Bucyrus, OH

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

Craig
                    Excellent job Craig! Great coverage and great layout, and of course, thanks for the mention..

More to come for the Whistler and the Green Mist..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	R 2 Hawk  SN 60 and Fuel Pump 013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1717816The R1 Lark did sell, and went to the Mid- West. The newby owner wants to put the engine into another car. I tried to talk him out of it, and Meyers Studebaker is to do the work on it. Hopefully, they talk him out of it.

The 63 R2 GT got some upgrades this Summer, but I still need the supercharger pulley and woodruff key and the proper bonnet for a Hawk. Any leads are a great help. I can buy or trade for the proper parts. I have many new and used Studebaker parts in stock.

The R2 Hawk got some new gaskets, New valve covers, breathers and I had to re-clock the NOS supercharger so it fits a Hawk. In the process, I found I had the wrong bonnet, and no pulley or woodruff key. Still looking....

I'm so busy at the shop etc, I don't even get to work on my own stuff. The new layout at SNW is slowly coming along, its all a process......
                      Last edited by (S); 01-05-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]69559[/ATTACH]The R1 Lark did sell, and went to the Mid- West. The newby owner wants to put the engine into another car. I tried to talk him out of it, and Meyers Studebaker is to do the work on it. Hopefully, they talk him out of it.

The 63 R2 GT got some upgrades this Summer, but I still need the supercharger pulley and woodruff key and the proper bonnet for a Hawk. Any leads are a great help. I can buy or trade for the proper parts. I have many new and used Studebaker parts in stock.

The R2 Hawk got some new gaskets, New valve covers, breathers and I had to re-clock the NOS supercharger so it fits a Hawk. In the process, I found I had the wrong bonnet, and no pulley or woodruff key. Still looking....

I'm so busy at the shop etc, I don't even get to work on my own stuff. The new layout at SNW is slowly coming along, its all a process......
                        Speaking of SNW, are y'all gonna have tours, or extended hours available for the International Meet this Fall?

Comment

Just read the linked copy of the JT News. All I can say is, wow! Wish I could afford an R series Hawk.

Thanks Much,
                          Joe H

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                            Speaking of SNW, are y'all gonna have tours, or extended hours available for the International Meet this Fall?

Ha Ha There will be so much happening, I can't speculate.

Comment

Yes, great job, Craig.
                              Craig, are you still mailing hard copies to members?

Comment

Working...
                              X