If I won the Lottery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I won the Lottery...

What insane Studebaker project would you embark on if you won the lottery and had millions upon millions of dollars?

I have lots of crazy ideas about car stuff I'd do if I won the lottery. Most of it revolves around hot rods that just mess with the rodders. Like taking a 32 F*rd, putting a Northstar V8 under the rumble seat, and sticking a resin block up front with speed parts screwed into it. They can hear the engine, they can see the exhaust, but that thing CAN'T RUN, DAMMIT!

I've also had a prejudice against small block Chevys in any hot rod where the engine is a showpiece. I'm more interested in seeing a pre-war roadster with no hood sporting a Stude V8, or a Nailhead. I'd prefer a Mazda Wankel over a SBC. Show me something unique and interesting!

I think the project I would have to do with all that money is to find a pre-war Studebaker, maybe a Standard 6*, and give it the hot rod, open engine compartment treatment with a Tesla motor.

What would you do?

*This would HAVE to be one that was NOT suitable for stock restoration. After all, I'm not an animal.

What COULD be:

I think I would START with a 10,000 Sq. Ft. Heated, Insulated, fireproof Concrete with Steel Clearspan Trusses Warehouse, with a 3/4 size loft of Parts Racks!

THEN finish about a Dozen of my Studes, maybe even buy one or two.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Retire, move into the Morton, and work on the Studebakers that I already have.
      1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
      1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
      1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
      1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
      1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
      1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Get the biggest ever sidevalve six & tune it GOOD & STRONG & put it in a bulletnose Land Cruiser that would have all panels in fiberglass or alu.

But first I'd get a crate 440 Hemi for Josephine...

Comment

If money was no object, I would set up a shop and staff it with veterans, trained and enthusiastic.
          Then I would take, TAKE, all these screwed up Stude projects that are floating around, have the guys fix them properly, and return them to their owners, knowing that they are safe and properly done.
          Then, I would get that lobotomy my wife has said I always needed...
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If I had enough, I'd buy Tesla and change the name to Studebaker.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

400 point, Amelia island, Pebble Beach, frame off, restoration of my Sky Hawk...

Comment

I would try to get Jeff Rice or one of the engine gurus to build up a streetable monster turbo'd Studebaker engine and auto tranny for my 55 while trying to find one of the old original 60's GT-40 Fords to buy. That GT-40 alone would deplete quite a lot of the millions, ha !

Comment

1.0 - I would buy Studebakers Chippewa plant. Execpting Studebaker International, I would ask all the occupants to leave.
                  2.0 - I would purchase every 63-64 Avanti available and store them there. Every one- running or not.
                  3.0 - I would buy every 1956 Golden Hawk that I could. Also store them in the plant..
                  4.0 - I would spend the balance of the lottery money foolishly.
                  sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

I'd finish my 50 Champion convertible and enjoy life, driving the convertible wherever I wanted to. Maybe have several of my other Studebakers and the 57 T-Bird based at different vacation homes located around the country. Would also buy a big Tiffen Allegro Bus motorhome and an enclosed trailer for the convertible to stay in when traveling between those homes or elsewhere. OH, and let the wife run wild in the jewelry store.
                    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                    1950 Champion Convertible
                    1950 Champion 4Dr
                    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

One word....Septre

Comment

Buy the Brooks Stevens Excalibur Hawk. Wouldn't change a thing. And for everyday fun, build a 1927 Erskine 4 door sedan fitted with an R-4 and 5 speed.
                        Last edited by Jessie J.; 01-03-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          I think I would START with a 10,000 Sq. Ft. Heated, Insulated, fireproof Concrete with Steel Clearspan Trusses Warehouse, with a 3/4 size loft of Parts Racks!

THEN finish about a Dozen of my Studes, maybe even buy one or two.
                          I would retire and hang-out with StudeRich in his new 10,000 sq. ft. heated concrete warehouse, and watch his employees finish his Studebaker projects.
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Build a huge shop.
                            Build a storage building to store Studes
                            Build every project that I have ever dreamed about
                            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                              I would retire and hang-out with StudeRich in his new 10,000 sq. ft. heated concrete warehouse, and watch his employees finish his Studebaker projects.
                              There you go Brent, I could get TWO Barka Loungers and we could both watch!
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X