Studebaker Male Chorus record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Male Chorus record?

I guess I don't have to explain to THIS crowd what a record is... I have this old 78 record in my collection of "stuff" and wonder if anybody has any history or information about it. Side 2 is entitled "Rolling Along for One Hundred Years" so I'm guessing it's from the mid '50s, probably to celebrate Studebaker's 100th anniversary. I have never played it. Are the singers Studebaker employees? Maybe some day I'll drag my turntable out and listen to it. It appears to be in pretty decent shape, no big scratches or cracks.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1756340

Interesting, as I also have that record, which I bought at the South Bend swap a couple years ago. I don't know anything about it though.

Comment

Yes, it is the Studebaker Male Chorus. It was part of a two record set issued during the Centennial Year 1952-53 as shown below. Ramond Massey did the voice over history. This set was recorded on cassette some years ago and I recall it being advertised in TW. I have three of the original record sets in the original jacket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0258 labeled.jpg
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1717748Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0259.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1717749
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
        I guess I don't have to explain to THIS crowd what a record is... I have this old 78 record in my collection of "stuff" and wonder if anybody has any history or information about it. Side 2 is entitled "Rolling Along for One Hundred Years" so I'm guessing it's from the mid '50s, probably to celebrate Studebaker's 100th anniversary. I have never played it. Are the singers Studebaker employees? Maybe some day I'll drag my turntable out and listen to it. It appears to be in pretty decent shape, no big scratches or cracks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]69459[/ATTACH]
        Don't forget to change the needle to the bigger 78 style.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
        X