New Year Wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year Wishes

Happy New Year to all those out there in Studie Land. As you may remember I had to have my 289 rebuilt at considerable cost and time last year after only 15k on the previous rebuild at the time of a complete restoration. I hope none of you have to deal with any more serious issues with your beloved buggy than perhaps a paint chip or two. Once winter's over I plan on seeing those liittle digits on the odometer go by so fast I won't remember where they were when I started!
    peter lee

No one can bring in the new year like Sissel. Enjoy!

Sissel Kyrkjebø performing "Auld Lang Syne" in both English and Swedish at Swedish Television.Sissel, the international singing sensation from Norway, is wid...

Comment

If I can survive the -16° commute into forced holiday overtime today, the rest of the year should be an easy coast. I'm hoping to do some welding and other patching on the '51 and the Hawk. I hope the Hawk block isn't cracked, but that's another thread. I hope to finally get off my butt and finally do that Inventer & Igor animatic.
      1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
      1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
      1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
      1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
      1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
      1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Below freezing here at the "edge of winter." For the past couple of days, I've had to break ice several times for my animals to get a drink of water. Snow flurries during the night. Can't think of a more crisp & fresh environment for starting a New Year! (Or today, our 47th wedding anniversary.) We wore out 2017...let's enjoy doing the same for 2018!

To everyone in STUDEBAKER LAND WORLDWIDE...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It is - 11° with a little wind making it feel worse. At least the sun is shining and it looks nice outside. My 2018 ambition is to make meaningful progress on my Superlark restoration and improving my workshop with insulation and heat for next year. We'll see how successful I am. Happy New Year.
          james r pepper

Comment

Only supposed to get up to 66 degrees today, but instead of playing with the home improvements, the new 55 President project, the 50 Champion 4 Dr project, the 50 Champion Convertible project or the 57 T-Bird repaint, plan to attend a neighborhood party hosted by nearby neighbors and attended by many. Just a reason to not work and to start the year off visiting and hearing what others have planned for 2018 and have accomplished last year, or are still working on.
            No New Year Resolutions for us, but this year would like to downsize from this big house and limited garage space to a more manageable size home with a separate shop and motorhome garage. Of course getting a few project cars finished would help with the garage space, but I never see myself without a project of some sort.
            Here's wishing all of you, especially those dealing with cold weather, a quick thaw and a glorious 2018 filled with many successful Studebaker outings and adventures.
            We won't make the International this year due to a conflict of dates, with the granddaughter getting married in Las Vegas on August 31ST, which happens to also be our 50TH anniversary. We are so happy to share the date with Samantha and Anthony and hope they have many anniversaries also.
            So, everyone enjoy today and we wish you the best in 2018 and forward. Hope all your plans and wishes work out that our paths cross many times in the coming years.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
            X