Kraigslist Kalifornia Kollection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kraigslist Kalifornia Kollection

Hey everyone! I got curious as to what good Studebaker stuff was over in the land of Hollywood and boy oh boy did I find some good ones!

Here are the projects first:

1963 Wagonaire: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/...408694011.html

1965 Daytona: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...415952576.html

Now for cars that are a bit more complete:

1954 Champion: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...428862349.html

1955 Commander (?): https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...403631737.html

Happy viewing!
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 12-29-2017, 07:14 AM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Can't find the 54 Champion, but the others are priced to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
      Can't find the 54 Champion, but the others are priced to sell.
      Made a mistake with the link. Its fixed now.
      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Yea, those cars have been on and off in Craigslist for some time...as well as a few others.
        Seems the Calif. contingent of Stude owners and or "possibly new" Stude owners just aren't buying.

Mike

Comment

Yea, those cars have been on and off in Craigslist for some time...as well as a few others. Seems the Calif. contingent of Stude owners and or "possibly new" Stude owners just aren't buying.
          1. They're 4-doors. Studes always cost more to restore than what they will resell for; 4-doors cost the same to restore and sell for less.

2. California restoration/paint/body prices are high.

3. California land prices are so high, acreage to park pending restorations/parts cars is not affordable.

4. California zoning restrictions are ever-tightening on parking non-operable vehicles.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

As one who regularly scans the Los Angeles (and greater area) Craiglist for all and any make of pre-'75 cars ('76 and up need smog tests) cars similar these posted sit, and Sit and SIT. They just don't met the "what you get for the money" side of logical thinking. Often a $1,000 car is really worth $200, a $3,000 worth $1,000. Too often people see a pristine car sell for $15,000 to the ONE guy who had to have it and all of a sudden people think their marginal to total parts car is worth at least $5,000.

What I don't get is I've seen cars listed on Craigslist at $3,000 for eternity. Then eventually I'd see it in Pick Your Part and know they got less than $200 for it. Had they asked the appropriate $500 for the car it likely would have sold the first day. Greed and laziness seem to be a big part of the "Lingering Craigslist Cars."
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

If that last one's a 55 Commander, what's the seller claiming is up with the flathead 6? That it's a replacement engine and it's a 185, or a 170? Or is it just the original that's been rebuilt?

Mark
              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
                If that last one's a 55 Commander, what's the seller claiming is up with the flathead 6? That it's a replacement engine and it's a 185, or a 170? Or is it just the original that's been rebuilt?

Mark
                It's obviously a Champion engine, and thus unlikely to have originally been a Commander car. Because the seller has other Studes, one would think he'd know the difference. If only the one photo of the deck lid weren't so far distant and fuzzy.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

That '54 Champion is a Good, VERY Solid Calif. Desert example! -My Pic for BEST of the FOUR.
                  The Wagonaire and the '65 Commander 4 Door, are very cheap and there is a reason: they need WAY more rust repair.

I like that one because there is no visible, and very likely NO Rust at all.

I could see a nice running 289 3 Speed Overdrive in that thing, and a nice "Driver Type" Body on, Restoration and it would be a real head turner, 4 Doors and all.

I like this Mid-level Trim, Deluxe '54 Champion better than the Best (Regal) they have too much side trim.
                  This one had that really Cool rear quarter Moulding also used on '53's, it's a carry over piece, you could find if the Left is missing.

The Six Automatic is OK, because you could scrap it all with no regrets, it's just not a Driver friendly power train.

I guess the Price is what the beholder will pay, it would sell better at $2000.00-2500.00 maybe.

Interesting that Both the '54 & '55 appear to be in Victorville, but not the same person.
                  You would think that the Guy with the '55 with a '56 President 2 Dr. next to it, would know the '55 is a Champion, maybe it's the very common story lately: "they were Dad's or Grandpa's, I know noth'in, just want em Gone!"
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 12-29-2017, 03:47 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have personally seen the wagonaire ... I was on the property looking at chevy truck parts. It's really rough, floors are shot
                    My Lark was on and off CL a few times.. but finally the hook was set and I bought it. Still glad I did.
                    Been tempted a few time's by the 65 in order to mine it for the TT and 283 + the steering box , but at the moment Iv'e got too many Irons in the fire
                    Last edited by lumpy; 12-29-2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X