1957 Hot Rod Magazine - 57 Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Hot Rod Magazine - 57 Golden Hawk

This past year, I attended a show in Newbury, UK. It was the first time I went along to the Retro Festival, which was mostly a very large field full of vendors selling retro clothing, scooters, a bunch of second-hand (overpriced IMHO) stuff as well as cars from across the decades; European, British and American.

However, I did come across one clothing vendor that had two cardboard boxes full of old magazines. While my wife continued working her way up the clothing stalls, I rifled through both boxes to find two magazine that were Studebaker related. The first was March 1957 and the second was from 1964, which had many mire pages.

I've scanned the 57 Golden Hawk article and actually find it easier to read on the computer as I'm able to zoom in, or expand the page, making it much easier to read the 8 point (font) size! I'm attaching the front cover and if others would like to see / read the article I'm happy to post or send via PM.

To be clear, I'm not seeking to make financial gain from this article, but rather share amongst the Studebaker community.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot_Rod_March1957_Pg1.PDF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1756310
    Richard
    sigpic

As we own three Hawks, I would love to read it.
    1950 Commander Land Cruiser
    1951 Champion Business Coupe
    1951 Commander Starlight
    1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
    1953 Champion Starlight
    1953 Commander Starliner
    1953 2R5
    1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1957 3E5 Pick-Up
    1959 Silver Hawk
    1961 Hawk
    1962 Cruiser 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
    1965 Cruiser
    1970 Avanti

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for sharing with us!
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

EBay has 16 magazines for sale.

Comment

Always appreciated, because there will be a few who haven't seen it over the years. The May 1958 Hot Rod Magazine also has a road test of the Packard Hawk.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X