Electric Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Electric Studes

I was just wondering about Studebaker's history with electric cars and was hoping that someone could provide me with an answer about them. Was it back in the days of E-M-F or what?
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

They were already into electrics & the EMF venture was part of their experimenting with getting into the gasoline powered cars.

Comment

Here you go Jake:

Be SURE to see Post Number 90 & 114 on Pg. 3 of that string above for the finished product!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ElectricWagonEmblem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1717689 Yes they were called Studebakers, both Cars and Trucks.
      Tesla Cars and the forthcoming Trucks have NOTHING on Studebaker!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-28-2017, 05:54 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

First Studebaker electric was sold on February 12, 1902 to F.W.Blees.
        Byron F. Everitt, William E. Metzger and Walter E. Flanders announced creation of the EMF corporation in June 1908 to produce gasoline powered vehicles.
        Frederick Fish, legal counsel to the Studebaker company and son-in-law to John M. Studebaker knew Studebaker could not survive on electric vehicles and wagons alone, and brokered the deal for EMF vehicles to be distributed through the Studebaker company.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The EMF design became the standard Studebaker in about 1913, the design for which was used until, about 1919, when a complete redesign was implemented. Maybe Quinn will do one of his history narratives, and do a better job then I can.

Comment

Working...
          X