Bettys First long Trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bettys First long Trip.

Today I drove Betty to work and was really amazed. I live 25 Miles away from the dealership I work at. On the way to work, got several thumbs up, a few people rolled down windows at stoplights to comment on how nice the car is. When I pulled into the dealership, Everyone dropped what they were doing to come out and see ol Betty. It sure felt good to hear all the compliments knowing I definitely saved the car from becoming a parts vehicle. Now that its on the road and running, I will take some pictures of her.

Congratulations Bob! This was the post I was waiting to see.

Comment

Congratulations Bob! This was the post I was waiting to see.

Comment

Bob--

Looking forward to seeing the pix! My '62 is also named "Betty" (a long story)...I've got to wait until winter quits before going anywhere in my Lark, she's hibernating in a barn south of town until probably mid- to late-April. (It's snowing like mad here right now.) So I'll view your posted roadtrip pix enviously!

Cheers

Steve T

Comment

Bob--

Looking forward to seeing the pix! My '62 is also named "Betty" (a long story)...I've got to wait until winter quits before going anywhere in my Lark, she's hibernating in a barn south of town until probably mid- to late-April. (It's snowing like mad here right now.) So I'll view your posted roadtrip pix enviously!

Cheers

Steve T

Comment

Always good to read a success story. My 62 is a long way from any 25 mile trips, but I keep plugging along. We are supposed to have good weather coming and I hope to fix the bleeder screw that broke off the last time I worked on it. Then I can finish bleeding the system and maybe move it under its own power without having to hold my breath and hope it doesn't jump the stops.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Always good to read a success story. My 62 is a long way from any 25 mile trips, but I keep plugging along. We are supposed to have good weather coming and I hope to fix the bleeder screw that broke off the last time I worked on it. Then I can finish bleeding the system and maybe move it under its own power without having to hold my breath and hope it doesn't jump the stops.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

Today I drove Betty to work and was really amazed. I live 25 Miles away from the dealership I work at. On the way to work, got several thumbs up, a few people rolled down windows at stoplights to comment on how nice the car is. When I pulled into the dealership, Everyone dropped what they were doing to come out and see ol Betty. It sure felt good to hear all the compliments knowing I definitely saved the car from becoming a parts vehicle. Now that its on the road and running, I will take some pictures of her.
                Excellent![8D] This is the good stuff I like to read about... Reaffirms an earlier post that "driving" is where it's at.

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

Excellent![8D] This is the good stuff I like to read about... Reaffirms an earlier post that "driving" is where it's at.

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Big congats, Bob! You're an inspiration to me

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Big congats, Bob! You're an inspiration to me

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Glad to hear Betty is running.I read all the posts about her.The
                        end results is what counts.Good luck with Betty.

Lenny
                        Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Glad to hear Betty is running.I read all the posts about her.The
                          end results is what counts.Good luck with Betty.

Lenny
                          Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Way to go BOB! Keep that gal rollin'!

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Way to go BOB! Keep that gal rollin'!

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X