1955 Speedster story featured in latest Old Cars Weekly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Speedster story featured in latest Old Cars Weekly

I met Bill Clark at the big muscle car meet in Rosemont, Illinois last month (November 2017). He brought his beautiful tri-colored ’55 Speedster all the way from his home in Endicott, NY. I had pre-arranged to have some display boards for him. Bill wrote the article on his car and the meet in the current (Jan. 2018) Turning Wheels. This article (below) is in the current (Jan. 4, 2008) Old Cars Weekly and tells more on his bringing the car back from an almost certain death. Hard to believe when you see the car today. Second photo I took at the meet. 4th image the widow price sticker I did for Bill's car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	55 speedster article ocw1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	1756297Click image for larger version

Name:	55 speedster article ocw2.jpg
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	1756298Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9982.jpg
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1756299Click image for larger version

Name:	55 speedster wps proof.jpg
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	1756300
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Bill's story is also in the January 2009 Turning Wheels.

Comment

What Richard said. Proof that dedication and perseverance can overcome 'most every obstacle.

Gorgeous car, Bill; thanks for the effort to have it at The Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals. The Speedster's position on the point of the Studebaker display was well-deserved. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Just wait til you see the finished Sppedster Matt and Pete Wendt are putting togetherness!
        Peter Bishop

Comment

This Speedster is within the last 1000 1955 President models from South Bend.

How come the "window sticker" shows added items and related costs for a lot of items that were standard equipment on a Speedster?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

What Richard said. Proof that dedication and perseverance can overcome 'most every obstacle.

Gorgeous car, Bill; thanks for the effort to have it at The Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals. The Speedster's position on the point of the Studebaker display was well-deserved. BP

Love the color combination and in fact may copy it for the '55 Prez sedan!

Comment

Working...
            X