Such a deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such a deal!

I found out (too late) that the son of an old friend of mine sold his dad's cars. Clearly they are rough, but for $150 for each or $250 for both, someone really got a deal. Both cars had titles. One is a plain jane '63 Lark four-door, six cylinder stick and the other is a '64 four-door, 289 V-8 and automatic.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

That was a deal all right, and what has me worried is that they were so cheap, they might wind up going for scrap.

Comment

Paul, they were advertised in an e-mail that went out to Central VA chapter members. Though I recently resurrected my rollback from a 6.5 year hibernation, it is not yet back on the road. If it was I would have made the trip to NoVa to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
        Paul, they were advertised in an e-mail that went out to Central VA chapter members. Though I recently resurrected my rollback from a 6.5 year hibernation, it is not yet back on the road. If it was I would have made the trip to NoVa to get them.
        I was hoping a GVC member got them. I know these were unmolested and probably original. I knew Herman for many years. He tended to buy cars and park them in his back yard where they stayed for a LONG time.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Does anyone know if they were scrapped? At $250 for the pair, that's a valid concern! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

IF...that's capital if... they were available to chapter members and were scrapped it would be a indicator of the state of the Studebaker fraternity.
            Aging membership,medium to large car/part stashes and I will include my local chapter in this,a 'it's a 4 door' mentality.
            Contrary to some beliefs they cannot all be saved and not everyone wants to part out cars and sell parts.
            The best hope for many Studebakers of this ilk is that they end up in a pick n pull not a crush yard.
            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Does anyone know if they were scrapped? At $250 for the pair, that's a valid concern! BP
              Unfortunately I deleted every email regarding the cars. I know the seller was Herman's son and he had a gmail address, but I don't remember the specifics. I do remember that the seller's statement was that they would have to be gone by Christmas day. They were sold several days before that deadline. I'll see if a Greater Virginia member got them. He doesn't do email, but he has been buying any and all Studebakers he comes across.

Comment

Paul, You aren't talking about Donald are you? Or, is there another Donald out there?
                -Dwight

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post
                  Paul, You aren't talking about Donald are you? Or, is there another Donald out there?
                  -Dwight
                  Yes, your Donald. However, it dawned on me after I posted that if he didn't have email, how would he get the word (unless you told him about the cars).

Comment

Working...
                  X