51 Business Coupe at Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Business Coupe at Auction

They should have left it stock. This is what happens when you have to much horse power.

Was the windshield glued in ? Just looks strange.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

It's a shame that it has both been wrecked and that somebody didn't fix up something as rare and unique as the last year Q body business coupe as original.

Also '50 bullet.
      1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
      1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
      1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
      1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
      1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
      1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
        Was the windshield glued in ? Just looks strange.
        You got that right. I looked at the pictures inside and outside and can't make out what they did. It almost looks as if they painted a dark band around the edge like some late models, but it could also be some kind of gasket make for another car.
        Strange that there is no good picture of the engine.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I chuckled when I saw the serial # attached with pop rivets and to the passenger door jamb, then looked closer and saw Spanish on the tag itself. Hmmm!

Comment

Has anyone here had first hand experience with Copart? Other I have talked with tell horror stories about fee's, access for pick up, etc.
            Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
              They should have left it stock. This is what happens when you have to much horse power.
              Or, when the driver doesn't have enough sense to respect the horsepower the car has.
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                Or, when the driver doesn't have enough sense to respect the horsepower the car has.
                When you add go fast parts, you should also add stopping power.

Comment

The S/N is for a 1951 South Bend Champion, but who knows how long the S/N plate has been on this car?

The car is in Scranton PA and it appears to have NY inspection and registration stickers. I do not know the car.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

When I looked into buying a car from Copart in the Pittsburgh, PA area back in 2010, I couldn't buy from them because you had to be a registered car dealer or some such. But they said at the time that this was for Copart locations in PA, not all states. "Your results may vary."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
                      When I looked into buying a car from Copart in the Pittsburgh, PA area back in 2010, I couldn't buy from them because you had to be a registered car dealer or some such. But they said at the time that this was for Copart locations in PA, not all states. "Your results may vary."
                      This car IS at a Copart location in PA.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X