Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless Restoration Vendor (Highly Recommended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Restoration Vendor (Highly Recommended)

Karl did most of the stainless on my Hawk. He did all the stainless on Dad's 50 Champion. And now I just had him redo the front fender side moldings on my Hawk that were originally done by someone else. After Karl did the rest of the stainless on my Hawk the front fender pieces (done by others) just didn't measure up to the rest of the car.

I sent him the front fender moldings 10 days ago and got them back yesterday. Nine day turn around and they are absolutely perfect. They originally had the classic dents / creases that most moldings have about two inches from the end by the front door. After the repair by others, I could still see ripples in the stainless where the repair was attempted. Karl got them perfectly straight.

On Dad's champion, one of the door handles look like someone had beat on it with a pick hammer. Tiny dents all over it. As you know the stainless on those door handles can't be removed. Karl welded the dents up and then ground it back down smooth and polished them out. They look fantastic.

I talked to Karl this morning and he gave me his permission to post his contact information on the forum so others will know about him. So here you go. If you need stainless repair and polishing done, I don't think you could possibly be disappointed in his work.

Karl Bartholomew
    155 Leona Lane
    Cleveland, GA 30528
    ph# 706-865-4056
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Thanks! Good to know of someone who takes pride in their work!

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Karl actually ran the body shop for an Atlanta Studebaker dealer until they closed up. Karl is 88 but still works on this stuff five or six days a week because he enjoys it. His grandson has been working with him for several years now, learning the trade. Hopefully his grandson will keep the business going when Karl can't do it anymore.
      Wayne
      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

I just spoke with Karl (great guy). I don't live far from him and I've been looking for another stainless guy since the one I've been using retired. Thanks for the tip

Comment

A major plug for Karl Bartholomew! I sent in the right wheel well molding from my 64 Hawk to be straightened and polished to Studebaker Int. last Oct. I kept calling and calling about when it would be returned. The story was always the same - our plater does this repair and he has not gotten to it yet. So after 8 months and checking for alternatives on the forum I called Stud. Intl. and said please send my part back (note it had never been sent anywhere and they shipped it back in 3 days in the same box I sent it in, so it had never been even opened). I then sent it to Karl last Friday. They called me last night to let me know it was done and shipping back. So in less than a week, they did the repair. So DO NOT send your trim to Stud. Intl. They may do a great job on parts sales, but steer clear of trim repair. Also note, Karl did this for $80, while Stud. Intl charges $140.
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Working...
          X